all-in-one not loading the SqueakSSL plugin (or webclient + ssl not working in all-in-one)

all-in-one not loading the SqueakSSL plugin (or webclient + ssl not working in all-in-one)

Paul DeBruicker
If I use the all-in-one and run

(Installer ss project: 'WebClient')
        install: 'WebClient-Core';
        install: 'WebClient-Tests'.

(Installer ss)
        project: 'SqueakSSL';
                install: 'SqueakSSL-Core';
                install: 'SqueakSSL-Tests'.

WebClient new httpGet:'https://www.google.com'

I get an "Error: primitiveSSLCreate failed"

The all-in-one ships with the SqueakSSL lib for all platforms.  But

Smalltalk listLoadedModules

does not show that it is loaded after the error happens

Is there something in how I make the all-in-one that prevents it from

Thanks

Paul

SqueakSSL plugin that ships with Cog faulty? was: Re: all-in-one not loading the SqueakSSL plugin (or webclient + ssl not working in all-in-one)

Paul DeBruicker
the SqueakSSL plugin that ships with the VM doesn't load into the image when using Cog 2714, 2732, or 2776 on linux or xp with Squeak or Pharo 1.4.

If I use the one from here: https://code.google.com/p/squeakssl/ then everything works fine.

Not sure why that is or what to do about it.

I think in the next all-in-one I can add in the google code version of the plugin.

Re: SqueakSSL plugin that ships with Cog faulty? was: Re: all-in-one not loading the SqueakSSL plugin (or webclient + ssl not working in all-in-one)

Eliot Miranda-2

Help me fix it, please!!  i.e. help me change the code in VMMaker.oscog and/or http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog so that the damn thing works :-)

I think in the next all-in-one I can add in the google code version of the
plugin.

best,
Eliot

tty

Re: all-in-one not loading the SqueakSSL plugin (or webclient + ssl not working in all-in-one)

tty
It worked!

cd  coglinux/lib/squeak/4.0-2749/
cp  SQueakSSL  SqueakSSL.old
cp ../../../../tmp/SqueakSSL-bin/unix/so.SqueakSSL  ./
ln -s so.SqueakSSL SqueckSSL

Course I am getting an invalid Certificate error, but that is good news.