alpha gradients on pdf surface

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,
I experience a bug in linear gradients on the Cairo PDF surface.
If I define any other alpha value then 1 the gradient isn't drawn anymore (leaves a blank), on other surfaces is draws fine.
My binaries have a version string of 1.20
Is this a known issue ??
Regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: [cairo] alpha gradients on pdf surface

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi Uli

Le 19 sept. 2013 à 23:21, Uli Schlachter <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

On 19.09.2013 22:51, Maarten Mostert wrote:
Hi,
I experience a bug in linear gradients on the Cairo PDF surface.
If I define any other alpha value then 1 the gradient isn't drawn anymore (leaves a blank), on other surfaces is draws fine.

Could this be a bug in the PDF viewer? Any simple way to see this issue myself?

Here you go for two test pdf files. I use the gradients in drawing the arrow heads. I use OSX10.8.4 Preview
In the first file it leaves the blank. In the second file I set the alpha level to 1.

My binaries have a version string of 1.20

Which binaries? There is no cairo 1.20.

Well these are the binaries compiled by the late Travis Griggs and included in Cincom Visualworks, in fact the method libraryVersion gives 1.10.2
I only use: libcairo.2.dylib, libpixman-1.0.dylib and libpng15.0.dylib.

Is this a known issue ??
[...]

Not yet, but thanks to you it is known now, I guess.

Uli
--
"For saving the Earth.. and eating cheesecake!"

Re: [cairo] alpha gradients on pdf surface

Maarten Mostert-2
Yes you are right !
The problem seems to be in OSX Preview.
I saw the arrow heads in both Adobe X and Windows 8 reader.
Regards,

@+Maarten,