classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

amber - android?

jndinet
hi all,

i have an app i developed in dolphin smalltalk. i want to port a subset of it to run on my android phone. right now i'm working in java/eclipse. is amber in its current form an alternative? i have the classes running in java. it's the gui that i'm talking about.

thanks in advance,

john

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: amber - android?

Jacob Wagner
I use/used dolphin as well, maybe you can supply more information?  It's hard to tell what your requirements are.  
If you are asking: will amber's gui run on android:  the answer is yes.

However amber does not really have a 'gui' for end users, it's a development gui as far as I know. Your end user gui is html or what not. :)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

<zenchess@gmail.com>
Reply | Threaded
|

jndinet
i run a bocce league and keep season scores. right now i keep results on paper and enter in the dolphin app later. i want to implement the subset that will allow me to record results onsite at the match. that subset includes some listboxes and dialogs with lists and buttons. i also need a temp repository to hold players, teams and results.

i'm not an html/xml expert and would like to be able to "rough out" the app, especially the gui, with a tool.

can you point me to doc on anything amber/android?

thanks,

john

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 10:35:41 PM UTC-4, Zenchess wrote:
I use/used dolphin as well, maybe you can supply more information?  It's hard to tell what your requirements are.  

However amber does not really have a 'gui' for end users, it's a development gui as far as I know. Your end user gui is html or what not. :)

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Markus Kahl
I'm using amber on Android. I do the whole UI with jQuery Mobile. It took a little bit of work. You have to load jQuery Mobile first, then an up-to-date version of jQuery UI (in dev mode) and then amber. Amber uses old versions of both jQuery and jQuery UI that otherwise will cause conflicts with jQuery Mobile.
Now it works just fine, though.

Dunno if there is a tool to tough out the app, but using jQuery Mobile with it's good documentation even I can build fancy UIs.

Am Montag, 10. Juni 2013 13:23:14 UTC+1 schrieb [hidden email]:
i run a bocce league and keep season scores. right now i keep results on paper and enter in the dolphin app later. i want to implement the subset that will allow me to record results onsite at the match. that subset includes some listboxes and dialogs with lists and buttons. i also need a temp repository to hold players, teams and results.

i'm not an html/xml expert and would like to be able to "rough out" the app, especially the gui, with a tool.

thanks,

john

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Manfred Kröhnert
In reply to this post by jndinet
Hi John,

do you want to write a native Android application or an Amber/HTML application?
If it is the second one this should not be any different from developing any other Amber application.
The most important thing would be to take the reduced screen size into account.
If you want to write an Android application you could have a look at the amber-examples repository.
There is an outdated version of an Android example (afaik it uses a WebView).

Best,
Manfred

Best,
Manfred

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

thanks,

john

--

--