amber-kickstart

12

amber-kickstart

philippeback
In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.

Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.

But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a couple of people.

Phil

Re: amber-kickstart

Herby Vojčík
We should have that create command working asap.

[hidden email] wrote:

> In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.
>
> *https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart*
> *
> *
> *Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
> *
> *
> *But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the
> package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a
> couple of people.*
> *
> *
> *Phil*

Re: amber-kickstart

Manfred Kröhnert
Basically you can use the grunt-init-amber template I started.
However, it is not up to date with the latest Amber version.

The only thing which is not so straight forward is where you have to clone the repo to in order to make it work with grunt-init.
But that is explained in the README.

Once grunt-init can be used directly from js it should be almost trivial to add support for it in the Amber-Cli package.

Best,
Manfred

[hidden email] wrote:
In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.

*https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart*
*
*
*Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
*
*
*But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a couple of people.*
*
*
*Phil*

Re: amber-kickstart

Manfred Kröhnert

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Very nice.

Yes.
The nice thing about the grunt-init mechanism is that you define templates and the placeholders are then filled in with values that are queried on the commandline.
If we can make this work from within Amber we wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel and write it ourselves.

Pull requests to bring it up to date and make it work with latest Amber are appreciated :-)

Best,
Manfred

[hidden email] wrote:
In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.

*https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart*
*
*
*Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
*
*
*But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a couple of people.*
*
*
*Phil*

Re: amber-kickstart

Nicolas Petton

Manfred Kröhnert writes:

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Very nice.
>>
> Yes.
> The nice thing about the grunt-init mechanism is that you define templates
> and the placeholders are then filled in with values that are queried on the
> commandline.
> If we can make this work from within Amber we wouldn't have to reinvent the
> wheel and write it ourselves.
>
> Pull requests to bring it up to date and make it work with latest Amber are
> appreciated :-)

Very nice. I'll try to bring it up-to-date and see if it can be pushed
into Amber :)

Cheers,
Nico

> Best,
> Manfred
>

>> Le 5 avr. 2014 21:31, "Manfred Kröhnert" <[hidden email]> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> Basically you can use the grunt-init-amber template I started.
>>> You can find it here: https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber
>>>  However, it is not up to date with the latest Amber version.
>>>
>>> The only thing which is not so straight forward is where you have to
>>> clone the repo to in order to make it work with grunt-init.
>>>  But that is explained in the README.
>>>
>>> Once grunt-init can be used directly from js it should be almost trivial
>>> to add support for it in the Amber-Cli package.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Manfred

>>>  --

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/7/14, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Manfred Kröhnert writes:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM, [hidden email]
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Very nice.
>>>
>> Yes.
>> The nice thing about the grunt-init mechanism is that you define
>> templates
>> and the placeholders are then filled in with values that are queried on
>> the
>> commandline.
>> If we can make this work from within Amber we wouldn't have to reinvent
>> the
>> wheel and write it ourselves.
>>
>> Pull requests to bring it up to date and make it work with latest Amber
>> are
>> appreciated :-)
>
> Very nice. I'll try to bring it up-to-date and see if it can be pushed
> into Amber :)

Excellent, Manfred's version is for 0.12.0. So hopefully it is not too
much work.
Probably a need to adapt index.html ? Right, Manfred?

--Hannes

> Cheers,
> Nico
>

>> Best,
>> Manfred
>>

>>> Le 5 avr. 2014 21:31, "Manfred Kröhnert" <[hidden email]> a
>>> écrit :
>>>
>>> Basically you can use the grunt-init-amber template I started.

>>>  --

> Nicolas Petton
> http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: amber-kickstart

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi Nico,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Manfred Kröhnert writes:

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Very nice.
>>
> Yes.
> The nice thing about the grunt-init mechanism is that you define templates
> and the placeholders are then filled in with values that are queried on the
> commandline.
> If we can make this work from within Amber we wouldn't have to reinvent the
> wheel and write it ourselves.
>
> Pull requests to bring it up to date and make it work with latest Amber are
> appreciated :-)

Very nice. I'll try to bring it up-to-date and see if it can be pushed
into Amber :)

right now it is only possible to operate grunt-init from the command line program.
I requested that missing feature which allos grunt-init to be used from plain JS here:

This feature request is also mentioned it in the 'amber create' issue (https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/658).

Once this is solved within grunt-init it should be almost no effort to just plug it in.

Best,
Manfred

Cheers,
Nico

> Best,
> Manfred
>

>> Le 5 avr. 2014 21:31, "Manfred Kröhnert" <[hidden email]> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> Basically you can use the grunt-init-amber template I started.
>>> You can find it here: https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber
>>>  However, it is not up to date with the latest Amber version.
>>>
>>> The only thing which is not so straight forward is where you have to
>>> clone the repo to in order to make it work with grunt-init.
>>>  But that is explained in the README.
>>>
>>> Once grunt-init can be used directly from js it should be almost trivial
>>> to add support for it in the Amber-Cli package.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Manfred

>>>  --

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: amber-kickstart

Manfred Kröhnert
Hello Hannes,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 4/7/14, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Manfred Kröhnert writes:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM, [hidden email]
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Very nice.
>>>
>> Yes.
>> The nice thing about the grunt-init mechanism is that you define
>> templates
>> and the placeholders are then filled in with values that are queried on
>> the
>> commandline.
>> If we can make this work from within Amber we wouldn't have to reinvent
>> the
>> wheel and write it ourselves.
>>
>> Pull requests to bring it up to date and make it work with latest Amber
>> are
>> appreciated :-)
>
> Very nice. I'll try to bring it up-to-date and see if it can be pushed
> into Amber :)

Excellent, Manfred's version is for 0.12.0. So hopefully it is not too
much work.
Probably a need to adapt index.html ? Right, Manfred?

--Hannes

Basically the templates need to be checked and maybe adapted to the latest Amber version.
That should not be too much work.

Right now it is only possible to create a browser setup which uses Bower.

It shouldn't be hard to add support for NodeJS projects.
These would then create a Gruntfile.js and a package.json for NPM as opposed to bower.json for the browser project.

Best,
Manfred

Re: amber-kickstart

sebastianconcept
so we could stop having envy to?

express —ejs —css stylus myProject

:)

[hidden email] wrote:
In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.

*https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart*
*
*
*Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
*
*
*But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a couple of people.*
*
*
*Phil*

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel

> In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.
>
> *https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart
> <https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart>*
>
> *Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
>
> *But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the
> package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a
> couple of people.*

I assume you created
https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart/blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st
manually to work around this?

--Hannes

> *Phil*

P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/milestones?state=closed

Re: amber-kickstart

philippeback
Yes

On Thursday, April 10, 2014, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 4/5/14, <a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;phil@highoctane.be&#39;)">phil@... <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;phil@highoctane.be&#39;)">phil@...> wrote:
> In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.
>
> *https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart
> <https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart>*
>
> *Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
>
> *But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the
> package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a
> couple of people.*

I assume you created
https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart/blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st
manually to work around this?

--Hannes

> *Phil*

P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/milestones?state=closed

---
Philippe Back
Visible Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast - http://spamcast.libsyn.com
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value Added Reseller

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel
Philippe, Nicolas and Manfred

I have forked Philippe's 'amber-kickstart' and made it simpler (

- only one index.html
- renamed 'SamplePackage' to 'MyPackage'.
- Added button which brings up the 'Counter'.
- Unfortunately the old IDE does not work anymore. But Helios does.

    https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart

Armed with the insight gained this exercise I now move on to update

    https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber

The grunt-init-amber approach will have the following advantages

- It allows for parametrization of the package name
- When added to amber there is no need to download an additional project.

--Hannes

> Yes
>
> On Thursday, April 10, 2014, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 4/5/14, [hidden email] <javascript:;>
>> <[hidden email]<javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>> > In order to help getting things work faster, I make amber-kickstart.
>> >
>> > *https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart
>> > <https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart>*
>> >
>> > *Next would be to have a nicer bower json thing in there.*
>> >
>> > *But what was biting me the most what the the IDE wouldn't load if the
>> > package was required and empty. Bummer but can be a showstopper for a
>> > couple of people.*
>>
>> I assume you created
>>
>> https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart/blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st
>> manually to work around this?
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> > *Phil*
>>

>> P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/milestones?state=closed
>>
>> --

> ---
> Philippe Back
> Visible Performance Improvements
> Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
> Mail:[hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu
> Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
> Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos
>
> High Octane SPRL
> rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium
>
> Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
> Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
> http://spamcast.libsyn.com
> Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
> Added Reseller

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel
Manfred,

I have started here

https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md

I installed http://gruntjs.com/project-scaffolding (grunt-init) and
followed the instructions

But then after

    mkdir myamberproject
    cd myamberproject
    bower install amber --save
    grunt init amber

Then I get the following
<errorMessage>
grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)

Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.

If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:

http://gruntjs.com/getting-started
</errorMessage>

I have installed grunt-cli in addition.

What I did is here
https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md

What am I missing?

--Hannes

On 4/10/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Philippe, Nicolas and Manfred
>
> I have forked Philippe's 'amber-kickstart' and made it simpler (
>
> - only one index.html
> - renamed 'SamplePackage' to 'MyPackage'.
> - Added button which brings up the 'Counter'.
> - Unfortunately the old IDE does not work anymore. But Helios does.
>
>     https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart
>
> Armed with the insight gained this exercise I now move on to update
>
>     https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber
>

> The grunt-init-amber approach will have the following advantages
>
> - It allows for parametrization of the package name
> - When added to amber there is no need to download an additional project.
>
> --Hannes

>> Yes
>>
>> On Thursday, April 10, 2014, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/5/14, [hidden email] <javascript:;>
>>> <[hidden email]<javascript:;>>

>>> I assume you created
>>>
>>> https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart/blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st
>>> manually to work around this?
>>>
>>> --Hannes

>>> P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
>>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/milestones?state=closed
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> ---
>> Philippe Back
>> Visible Performance Improvements
>> Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
>> Mail:[hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu
>> Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
>> Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos
>>
>> High Octane SPRL
>> rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium
>>
>> Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
>> Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
>> http://spamcast.libsyn.com
>> Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
>> Added Reseller

Re: amber-kickstart

paul-3
Hey Hannes,
I encountered the same and read http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13925916/fatal-error-unable-to-find-local-grunt
installing grunt locally in the project by running "npm install grunt" seems to have solved the problem.
Kind regards,
Paul

Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2014 17:16:12 UTC+2 schrieb Hannes:
Manfred,

I have started here

I installed <a href="http://gruntjs.com/project-scaffolding" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fgruntjs.com%2Fproject-scaffolding\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHJ_JFiYfeqvL5gapNvB-rq9sA6FQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fgruntjs.com%2Fproject-scaffolding\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHJ_JFiYfeqvL5gapNvB-rq9sA6FQ';return true;">http://gruntjs.com/project-scaffolding (grunt-init) and

On 4/10/14, H. Hirzel <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="zRB7-Owj04sJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">hannes...@...> wrote:

> [...]
>> Yes
>>
>> On Thursday, April 10, 2014, H. Hirzel <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="zRB7-Owj04sJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">hannes...@...> wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/5/14, <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="zRB7-Owj04sJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">ph...@... <javascript:;>
>>> <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="zRB7-Owj04sJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">ph...@...<javascript:;>>

>>> I assume you created

>>> manually to work around this?
>>>
>>> --Hannes

>>> P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
>>>
>>> --
>>> an
>>> email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="zRB7-Owj04sJ" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">amber-lang+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:;>.
>>>

>> --
>> ---
>> Philippe Back
>> Visible Performance Improvements
>> Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
>> Blog: <a href="http://philippeback.be" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fphilippeback.be\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNF1WFQ9GbrLOzquqcAFv6OS6OMSpw';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fphilippeback.be\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNF1WFQ9GbrLOzquqcAFv6OS6OMSpw';return true;">http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
>> Youtube: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos';return true;">http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos
>>
>> High Octane SPRL
>> rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium
>>
>> Pharo Consortium Member - <a href="http://consortium.pharo.org/" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fconsortium.pharo.org%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGDK0elwtT79ertv-NIBESB51iFgA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fconsortium.pharo.org%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGDK0elwtT79ertv-NIBESB51iFgA';return true;">http://consortium.pharo.org/
>> Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
>> Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value

Re: amber-kickstart

philippeback

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM, paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Hannes,
installing grunt locally in the project by running "npm install grunt" seems to have solved the problem.
Kind regards,
Paul

Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2014 17:16:12 UTC+2 schrieb Hannes:
Manfred,

I have started here

https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md

I installed http://gruntjs.com/project-scaffolding (grunt-init) and
followed the instructions

But then after

    mkdir myamberproject
    cd myamberproject
    bower install amber --save
    grunt init amber

Then I get the following
<errorMessage>
grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)

Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.

If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:

http://gruntjs.com/getting-started
</errorMessage>

I have installed grunt-cli in addition.

What I did is here
https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md

What am I missing?

--Hannes

On 4/10/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Philippe, Nicolas and Manfred
>
> I have forked Philippe's 'amber-kickstart' and made it simpler (
>
> - only one index.html
> - renamed 'SamplePackage' to 'MyPackage'.
> - Added button which brings up the 'Counter'.
> - Unfortunately the old IDE does not work anymore. But Helios does.
>
>     https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart

I cloned this one and it works.

I had this message showing as I had bower 1.2.6

Philippe@gravitation7 ~/Amber/amber-kickstart
$ bower install amber --save
[?] May bower anonymously report usage statistics to improve the tool over time?[?] May bower anonymously report usage statistics to improve the tool over time? No
Update available: 1.3.1 (current: 1.2.6)
Run npm update -g bower to update

I know that there were issues with 1.3.1

Are these gone?

Phil

> Armed with the insight gained this exercise I now move on to update

>     https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber
>

> The grunt-init-amber approach will have the following advantages
>
> - It allows for parametrization of the package name
> - When added to amber there is no need to download an additional project.
>
> --Hannes

>> Yes
>>
>> On Thursday, April 10, 2014, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/5/14, [hidden email] <javascript:;>
>>> <[hidden email]<javascript:;>>

>>> I assume you created
>>>
>>> https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart/blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st
>>> manually to work around this?
>>>
>>> --Hannes

>>> P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
>>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/milestones?state=closed
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> ---
>> Philippe Back
>> Visible Performance Improvements
>> Mob: <a href="tel:%2B32%280%29%20478%20650%20140" value="+32478650140" target="_blank">+32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%29%2070%20408%20027" value="+3270408027" target="_blank">+32 (0) 70 408 027
>> [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu
>> Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
>> Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos
>>
>> High Octane SPRL
>> rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium
>>
>> Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
>> Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
>> http://spamcast.libsyn.com
>> Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
>> Added Reseller

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM, paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Hannes,
>> I encountered the same and read
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13925916/fatal-error-unable-to-find-local-grunt
>> installing grunt locally in the project by running "npm install grunt"
>> seems to have solved the problem.
>> Kind regards,
>> Paul
>>
>> Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2014 17:16:12 UTC+2 schrieb Hannes:
>>>
>>> Manfred,
>>>
>>> I have started here
>>>
>>> https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md
>>>
>>> I installed http://gruntjs.com/project-scaffolding (grunt-init) and
>>> followed the instructions
>>>
>>> But then after
>>>
>>>     mkdir myamberproject
>>>     cd myamberproject
>>>     bower install amber --save
>>>     grunt init amber
>>>

>>> Then I get the following
>>> <errorMessage>
>>> grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)
>>>
>>> Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.
>>>
>>> If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
>>> hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information
>>> about
>>> installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:
>>>
>>> http://gruntjs.com/getting-started
>>> </errorMessage>
>>>
>>> I have installed grunt-cli in addition.
>>>
>>> What I did is here
>>> https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md
>>>
>>> What am I missing?
>>>
>>> --Hannes

> I cloned this one and it works.

Thank you for having a look at it. I updated
https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart/blob/master/README.md

> I had this message showing as I had bower 1.2.6
>
> Philippe@gravitation7 ~/Amber/amber-kickstart
> $ bower install amber --save
> [?] May bower anonymously report usage statistics to improve the tool over
> time?[?] May bower anonymously report usage statistics to improve the tool
> over time? No
> Update available: 1.3.1 (current: 1.2.6)
> Run npm update -g bower to update
>
> I know that there were issues with 1.3.1
>
> Are these gone?
>
> Phil

I had the same message but do not know what to do with it. I'd like to
include an  answer to this question in
https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart/blob/master/README.md

--Hannes

>> > Armed with the insight gained this exercise I now move on to update

>>> project.

>>> amber-kickstart.

>>> the

>>> blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st

>>> milestones?state=closed

>>> Value

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you for all help. I have updated

    https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber

It works for me now. May I ask somebody to test it by following the
instructions on

On 4/11/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM, paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Hannes,
>>> I encountered the same and read
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13925916/fatal-error-unable-to-find-local-grunt
>>> installing grunt locally in the project by running "npm install grunt"
>>> seems to have solved the problem.
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Paul

>> I cloned this one and it works.
>
> Thank you for having a look at it. I updated
> https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart/blob/master/README.md
>
>> I had this message showing as I had bower 1.2.6
>>
>> Philippe@gravitation7 ~/Amber/amber-kickstart
>> $ bower install amber --save
>> [?] May bower anonymously report usage statistics to improve the tool
>> over
>> time?[?] May bower anonymously report usage statistics to improve the
>> tool
>> over time? No
>> Update available: 1.3.1 (current: 1.2.6)
>> Run npm update -g bower to update
>>
>> I know that there were issues with 1.3.1
>>
>> Are these gone?
>>
>> Phil
>
> I had the same message but do not know what to do with it. I'd like to
> include an  answer to this question in
> https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart/blob/master/README.md
>
> --Hannes

>>>  --

Re: amber-kickstart

Manfred Kröhnert

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Manfred,

I have started here

https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md

I installed http://gruntjs.com/project-scaffolding (grunt-init) and
followed the instructions

But then after

    mkdir myamberproject
    cd myamberproject
    bower install amber --save
    grunt init amber

Then I get the following
<errorMessage>
grunt-cli: The grunt command line interface. (v0.1.13)

Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt.

can you give us the output of 'grunt-init --version' ?
Also, which OS are you using?

For me it works with the following two globally installed packages:

grunt-init v0.2.0
grunt v0.4.1

Best,
Manfred

If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:

http://gruntjs.com/getting-started
</errorMessage>

I have installed grunt-cli in addition.

What I did is here
https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md

What am I missing?

--Hannes

On 4/10/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Philippe, Nicolas and Manfred
>
> I have forked Philippe's 'amber-kickstart' and made it simpler (
>
> - only one index.html
> - renamed 'SamplePackage' to 'MyPackage'.
> - Added button which brings up the 'Counter'.
> - Unfortunately the old IDE does not work anymore. But Helios does.
>
>     https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart
>
> Armed with the insight gained this exercise I now move on to update
>
>     https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber
>

> The grunt-init-amber approach will have the following advantages
>
> - It allows for parametrization of the package name
> - When added to amber there is no need to download an additional project.
>
> --Hannes

>> Yes
>>
>> On Thursday, April 10, 2014, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/5/14, [hidden email] <javascript:;>
>>> <[hidden email]<javascript:;>>

>>> I assume you created
>>>
>>> https://github.com/philippeback/amber-kickstart/blob/master/template/st/SamplePackage.st
>>> manually to work around this?
>>>
>>> --Hannes

>>> P.S. This applies to the released version 0.12.3, correct?
>>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues/milestones?state=closed
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> ---
>> Philippe Back
>> Visible Performance Improvements
>> Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
>> [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu
>> Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback
>> Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/philippeback/videos
>>
>> High Octane SPRL
>> rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium
>>
>> Pharo Consortium Member - http://consortium.pharo.org/
>> Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast -
>> http://spamcast.libsyn.com
>> Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value
>> Added Reseller

Re: amber-kickstart

Hannes Hirzel

On Sunday, April 13, 2014, Manfred Kröhnert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Manfred,
>>
>> I have started here
>>
>> https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md
Grunt  init works withthis in Thema meantime.

> can you give us the output of 'grunt-init --version' ?

I am not on my dev  machine.
> Also, which OS are you using?

Linux Mint based onUbuntu 12.04
> For me it works with the following two globally installed packages:
> grunt-init v0.2.0
> grunt v0.4.1
> Best,
> Manfred
>

> If you're seeing this message, either a Gruntfile wasn't found or grunt
> hasn't been installed locally to your project. For more information about
> installing and configuring grunt, please see the Getting Started guide:
>
> http://gruntjs.com/getting-started
> </errorMessage>
>
> I have installed grunt-cli in addition.
>
> What I did is here
> https://github.com/hhzl/grunt-init-amber/blob/master/README.md
>
> What am I missing?
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 4/10/14, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Philippe, Nicolas and Manfred
>>
>> I have forked Philippe's 'amber-kickstart' and made it simpler (
>>
>> - only one index.html
>> - renamed 'SamplePackage' to 'MyPackage'.
>> - Added button which brings up the 'Counter'.
>> - Unfortunately the old IDE does not work anymore. But Helios does.
>>
>>     https://github.com/hhzl/amber-kickstart
>>
>> Armed with the insight gained this exercise I now move on to update
>>
>>     https://github.com/mkroehnert/grunt-init-amber
>>

>> The grunt-init-amber approach will have the following advantages
>>
>> - It allows for parametrization of the package name
>> - When added to amber there is no need to download an additional project.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 4/10/14, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Yes

12