amber use with other programming languages (clojure on the backend)

amber use with other programming languages (clojure on the backend)

Chris Zheng
I'm developing mainly in clojure and I would love to be able to use amber to develop the web front end to my applications. I was hoping to get some information as to how the compilation process works and what web api methods I need to implement to get an amber environment working with ring - https://github.com/mmcgrana/ring - the clojure http server.

Re: amber use with other programming languages (clojure on the backend)

Chris Zheng
Actually, it turned out to be much easier than i thought...

all the client end is doing when I press 'commit' in the browser is to do a put request to url of the file to be saved and the the contents of the file in the body. I just needed to capture the request and save the files to the right spot on disk.

for those that may be interested, the files are at

https://github.com/zcaudate/ring-amber

to start, in command prompt:

    lein run

then browse to localhost:4000/projects/hello

I'm developing mainly in clojure and I would love to be able to use amber to develop the web front end to my applications. I was hoping to get some information as to how the compilation process works and what web api methods I need to implement to get an amber environment working with ring - https://github.com/mmcgrana/ring - the clojure http server.

Re: amber use with other programming languages (clojure on the backend)

Nicolas Petton

Nice :)
I'm watching the project on github.

Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: amber use with other programming languages (clojure on the backend)

Chris Zheng
I've added an example for use with knockoutjs... its a little awkward but it does the job.  Amber is seriously fun!