amberc revamped

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi all,

over the last few days I was transforming the Amber compiler from a mix of bash/NodeJS to a complete NodeJS implementation.
The initial version is available in my amberc Github branch here:

Up to now I hadn't really worked with NodeJS so I welcome any comments, feedback and suggestions.
For now it is almost a direct port of the current amberc implementation with some minor adjustments.

In most places it is still using synchronous code.
The idea is to replace it with asynchronous code where possible to take better advantage of NodeJS.

If it proves to be stable enough we could switch over to using this version as default amberc (already discussed with Göran).

Best,
Manfred

Re: amberc revamped

Nicolas Petton

That's really cool, thanks for your work on the compiler. I would really
like to switch to your version, use gruntjs and maybe get rid of the old
makefiles. What do you think?

Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: amberc revamped

Manfred Kröhnert
Indeed,

I was also thinking about using some JS based build system and remembered a previous pull request on this topic.
Maybe we can use this as a basis and work together with the original author on this topic.

Best,
Manfred

--
Nicolas Petton