an example of debugging with moldable tools

an example of debugging with moldable tools

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

One thing we noticed over the past year since we introduced GT in Pharo is that people still tend to use these tools in a similar way classic tools were used. We think there is a more potential in these tools.

To change this, we would like to collect stories of how using these tools enabled a workflow that was otherwise not possible. To get this started, we will start to document more consistently some of the sessions, and we would like to get input from your as well. The idea is to create a catalog of tutorials that people can follow and get inspired from.

Let me start. I recently had to debug a small problem, and I ended up having an experience that I found beautiful:
http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/debugging-duplicated-behavior-with-gtinspector/

What do you think?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: [Moose-dev] an example of debugging with moldable tools

SergeStinckwich
On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One thing we noticed over the past year since we introduced GT in Pharo is that people still tend to use these tools in a similar way classic tools were used. We think there is a more potential in these tools.
>
> To change this, we would like to collect stories of how using these tools enabled a workflow that was otherwise not possible. To get this started, we will start to document more consistently some of the sessions, and we would like to get input from your as well. The idea is to create a catalog of tutorials that people can follow and get inspired from.
>
> Let me start. I recently had to debug a small problem, and I ended up having an experience that I found beautiful:
> http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/debugging-duplicated-behavior-with-gtinspector/
>
> What do you think?

Great and enlightening work ! Actually, we spend more than one hour on
this bug during last Pharo Sprint with Onil.
We trace the problem to be linked to the duplication of Announcement
creation somewhere, but we miss your
knowledge ;-)

--
Serge Stinckwich