anchor not working?

Sau Sheong
Hi,

I was trying out seaside trying to build a simple app but I was blocked
trying to create a link.

--

SaushTest>>renderContentOn: html
  html anchorWithAction: [Smalltalk beep] text: 'Beep!'

--

>From the documentation this should produce a beep but instead it
produces this error:

--
MessageNotUnderstood: WARenderCanvas>>anchorWithAction:text:

    * WARenderCanvas(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #anchorWithAction:text:

          self    a WARenderCanvas
          temps
          aMessage    anchorWithAction: [] in
SaushTest>>renderContentOn: {[Smalltalk beep]} text: 'Beep!'
          inst vars
          currentBrush    nil
          parentBrush    nil
          painter    a SaushTest
          context    a WARenderingContext
          callbacks    a WACallbackRegistry

I'm using Seaside 2.7 which I just updated from SqueakSource. Actually
most of the anchors don't work. However when I tried an older version of
Seaside it seems to be working. Any clues as to why this is happening? Thks!

--
CHANG Sau Sheong

Re: anchor not working?

Lukas Renggli
> I was trying out seaside trying to build a simple app but I was blocked
> trying to create a link.
>
> --
>
> SaushTest>>renderContentOn: html
>   html anchorWithAction: [Smalltalk beep] text: 'Beep!'

You are using the old rendering framework that has been deprecated and
replaced by default with the new canvas framework. So either use the
new rendering framework (I suggest to do that, because the old
renderer has been removed from 2.8)

      html anchor callback: [ Beeper beep ]; with: 'Beep'

or tell Seaside to use the old renderer by implementing a method like

SomeComponent>>rendererClass
     ^ WAHtmlRenderer

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: anchor not working?

Sau Sheong
Thks Lukas! But where can I get more information or documentation on the
new rendering framework?

--
CHANG Sau Sheong

Re: anchor not working?