[ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Marcus Denker-3

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Mariano Martinez Peck
Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a Pharo image with this 1.1 core ?

And another question....shouldn't we release 1.0 stable release ? there are no pending 1.0 issues and it is on the web for more than a month :)

Cheers

Mariano

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

       http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24963/PharoCore-1.1-11068-alpha.zip

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Simon Denier-3

On 2 déc. 2009, at 13:33, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a Pharo image with this 1.1 core ?

And another question....shouldn't we release 1.0 stable release ? there are no pending 1.0 issues and it is on the web for more than a month :)

At least it needs the fixes for O2 discussed in another thread.

Cheers

Mariano

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

       http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24963/PharoCore-1.1-11068-alpha.zip

 Simon

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Lukas Renggli
> And another question....shouldn't we release 1.0 stable release ? there are
> no pending 1.0 issues and it is on the web for more than a month :)

The keyboard is still broken:

Lukas

> At least it needs the fixes for O2 discussed in another thread.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>  http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24963/PharoCore-1.1-11068-alpha.zip

>  Simon

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Adrian Lienhard
We still have several open issues for 1.0 that need work:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.0
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.0-DevImage

Most notably the Input problem (double paste) and some OB problems.

Adrian

On Dec 2, 2009, at 17:33 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a
> Pharo
> image with this 1.1 core ?
>
> And another question....shouldn't we release 1.0 stable release ?
> there are
> no pending 1.0 issues and it is on the web for more than a month :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24963/PharoCore-1.1-11068-alpha.zip

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Mariano Martinez Peck
yes, sorry, you are right....then what it says here is wrong  http://www.pharo-project.org/home

"A first release candidate was published on October 20, 2009. All tests in the core image pass and there are currently no known critical problems."

Or...maybe they are not critical. I really don't know.

Mariano

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
We still have several open issues for 1.0 that need work:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.0
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.0-DevImage

Most notably the Input problem (double paste) and some OB problems.

Adrian

On Dec 2, 2009, at 17:33 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a
> Pharo
> image with this 1.1 core ?
>
> And another question....shouldn't we release 1.0 stable release ?
> there are
> no pending 1.0 issues and it is on the web for more than a month :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24963/PharoCore-1.1-11068-alpha.zip

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Damien Cassou
2009/12/2 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a Pharo
> image with this 1.1 core ?

Sure, apply the script that is attached to all Pharo images I produce.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Adrian Lienhard
yea, at the time I wrote this, there were no known problems...

I updated the text and added links to the two filtered lists of the
tracker.

Adrian

On Dec 2, 2009, at 18:12 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> yes, sorry, you are right....then what it says here is wrong
> http://www.pharo-project.org/home
>
> "A first release candidate was published on October 20, 2009. All
> tests in
> the core image pass and there are currently no known critical
> problems."
>
> Or...maybe they are not critical. I really don't know.
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> We still have several open issues for 1.0 that need work:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.0
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.0-DevImage
>>
>> Most notably the Input problem (double paste) and some OB problems.
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Dec 2, 2009, at 17:33 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a
>>> Pharo
>>> image with this 1.1 core ?
>>>
>>> And another question....shouldn't we release 1.0 stable release ?
>>> there are
>>> no pending 1.0 issues and it is on the web for more than a month :)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>>

>>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/24963/PharoCore-1.1-11068-alpha.zip

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

damien

may be we will need two scripts
one for 1.0 and one for 1.1 because we will have to load different versions of tools ?

Syef

On Dec 2, 2009, at 6:13 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> 2009/12/2 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a Pharo
>> image with this 1.1 core ?
>
> Sure, apply the script that is attached to all Pharo images I produce.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Alexander Murich
2009/12/2, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> damien
>
> may be we will need two scripts
> one for 1.0 and one for 1.1 because we will have to load different versions
> of tools ?
>
> Syef
>

> On Dec 2, 2009, at 6:13 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> 2009/12/2 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>>> Excellent!!!  Demian or someone, do you know where we can build a Pharo
>>> image with this 1.1 core ?
>>
>> Sure, apply the script that is attached to all Pharo images I produce.
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Damien Cassou
2009/12/2 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> may be we will need two scripts
> one for 1.0 and one for 1.1 because we will have to load different versions of tools ?

as soon as I see for 2 scripts I will create two. For the moment, one
will be enough because I don't know of any package that use features
specific to Pharo 1.1 and that prevent it from being loaded in Pharo
1.0.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [ann 1.1] pre-built #11068

Stéphane Ducasse
good
I could not see what was the problem with the script because I could not make it run completely.
May be a netwrok problem