[ann] jdt2famix 1.0.2

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I created a minor release that adds more robust error handling for three edge-case issues:
https://github.com/girba/jdt2famix/releases/tag/1.0.2

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: [ann] jdt2famix 1.0.2

abergel
Just wondering. How far are you from the output of VerveineJ? Or do you have more features?

Alexandre

> On Aug 6, 2016, at 4:30 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I created a minor release that adds more robust error handling for three edge-case issues:
> https://github.com/girba/jdt2famix/releases/tag/1.0.2
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [ann] jdt2famix 1.0.2

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

From my tests, jdt2famix looks to recover what VerveineJ did, but there are a couple of things that appear to be done differently such as getting annotation instances deeply (including the annotations of annotations).

Also, the logging that I put in place does make a difference in guiding the setup of dependencies that are passed to the importer. This was a cause for trouble with VerveineJ. I had several times the situation in which I based my decisions on analyses, only to realize afterwards that the model was incomplete due to a missing dependency and hence the conclusions I drew were wrong.

And, perhaps the most important feature of jdt2famix is that it can handle Java 8 including the code from inside the lambdas, and at least the version of VerveineJ that I had did not.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Aug 8, 2016, at 5:04 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just wondering. How far are you from the output of VerveineJ? Or do you have more features?
>
> Alexandre
>

>> On Aug 6, 2016, at 4:30 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a minor release that adds more robust error handling for three edge-case issues:
>> https://github.com/girba/jdt2famix/releases/tag/1.0.2
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: [ann] jdt2famix 1.0.2

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

One feature that is missing in jdt2famix is the creation of basic metrics:
- number of statements
- cyclomatic complexity
- (lines of code are being computed out of source anchors directly in Moose, so this is optional)

Cheers,
Doru

> On Aug 8, 2016, at 7:35 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> From my tests, jdt2famix looks to recover what VerveineJ did, but there are a couple of things that appear to be done differently such as getting annotation instances deeply (including the annotations of annotations).
>
> Also, the logging that I put in place does make a difference in guiding the setup of dependencies that are passed to the importer. This was a cause for trouble with VerveineJ. I had several times the situation in which I based my decisions on analyses, only to realize afterwards that the model was incomplete due to a missing dependency and hence the conclusions I drew were wrong.
>
> And, perhaps the most important feature of jdt2famix is that it can handle Java 8 including the code from inside the lambdas, and at least the version of VerveineJ that I had did not.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Aug 8, 2016, at 5:04 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just wondering. How far are you from the output of VerveineJ? Or do you have more features?
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>>> On Aug 6, 2016, at 4:30 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I created a minor release that adds more robust error handling for three edge-case issues:
>>> https://github.com/girba/jdt2famix/releases/tag/1.0.2
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: [ann] jdt2famix 1.0.2

abergel
Thanks for the update!