[ann] moose 5.0

Tudor Girba-2
We are happy to announce Moose 5.0:

Description
---

This is by far the most extensive Moose release to date. Just take a look at these two trailers.

The key highlights are:
- It is based on Pharo 3.0.
- Roassal2 is a complete reimplementation of the core visual engine of Moose.
- Roassal2 replaced Roassal, EyeSee and Graph-ET, and it features many new things including smooth animations, new composeable builders and several new layouts.
- All built-in Moose visualizations use Roassal2.
- Glamour has been extended with a Pager browser and with Rubric as the main text editor.
- GTSpotter is a new tool that makes it possible to find objects fast.
- GTInspector saw major usability improvements based on the Pager browser, and it now comes with many object specific extensions.
- GTPlayground provides a new way to handle scripts and when combined with GTInspector, it can replace the dedicated easels and editors.
- Moose Finder has been extended with the ability of handling in place visualizations.
- GTDebugger has been strengthen and was made more robust.
- PetitParser has been extended with the notion of context which enables elegant island parsing.

A list of issues addressed in this release can be found at:

Installation
---

The Moose Suite 5.0 comes for each platform as a separate bundle:

The Moose Suite 5.0 can also be loaded in a Pharo 3.0 image either from the Configuration Browser, or by executing the following script:

==Gofer new
==      smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Moose';
==      configuration;
==      loadStable

Happy holidays!
The Moose team

Re: [Pharo-users] [ann] moose 5.0

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Giorgio,

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:20 AM, giorgio ferraris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Guys,

I'm not (yet) working on Pharo (still VW and some VisualSmalltalk in the few time left free from my main job), but I follow what you do (not just you but all the community) and I have to admit you (all) work really hard. Bergel is doing a fantastic job, and your Moose is very nice, etc.
But, I really liked the presentation of the GT stuff, I can understand the energy you put behind your work.

Great work. I'm happy you are on the ST community and working on the language (ST) i like the most. Thanks!
 (Oh, I know you don't like to have Pharo called Smalltalk, but I don't like religion's wars, so that is yet smalltalk, for me).

BTW: Happy Holidays to all.

Giorgio

--

"Every thing has its own flow"