[ann] moose 6.0

Tudor Girba-2
Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce version 6.0 of the Moose Suite, the platform for software and data analysis built in Pharo:
http://moosetechnology.org/#install

Description
---

The key highlights are:
- It is based on Pharo 5.0 including the latest version of the Glamorous Toolkit.
- It includes the SmaCC parsing framework together with parsers and abstract syntax trees for Java, JavaScript and Swift.
- Roassal2 comes with several enhancements.
- Famix features a new and generic query API engine.
- Moose Finder and GTInspector come with more custom presentations and visualizations.
- SmaCC comes with a dedicated debugger.
- The debuggers for Glamour, PetitParser and Announcements received a new update.
- DeepTraverser is an order of magnitude faster.

Extra highlights:
- Roassal2 is documented in a brand new book: http://agilevisualization.com
- jdt2famix is a new open-source importer for Java: https://github.com/girba/jdt2famix

Installation
---
The Moose Suite 6.0 comes for each platform as a separate bundle:
- For Mac: http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose_suite_6_0-mac.zip
- For Windows: http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose_suite_6_0-win.zip
- For Linux: http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose_suite_6_0-linux.zip

The Moose Suite 6.0 can also be loaded in a Pharo 5.0 image either from the Configuration Browser, or by executing the following script:

Metacello new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Moose';
    configuration: 'Moose';
    version: #stable;
    load.

Enjoy,
The Moose team

Re: [ann] moose 6.0

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Impressive !

> On 15 Aug 2016, at 09:14, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> We are happy to announce version 6.0 of the Moose Suite, the platform for software and data analysis built in Pharo:
> http://moosetechnology.org/#install
>
> <moose-6-0.png>
>
> Description
> ---
>
> The key highlights are:
> - It is based on Pharo 5.0 including the latest version of the Glamorous Toolkit.
> - It includes the SmaCC parsing framework together with parsers and abstract syntax trees for Java, JavaScript and Swift.
> - Roassal2 comes with several enhancements.
> - Famix features a new and generic query API engine.
> - Moose Finder and GTInspector come with more custom presentations and visualizations.
> - SmaCC comes with a dedicated debugger.
> - The debuggers for Glamour, PetitParser and Announcements received a new update.
> - DeepTraverser is an order of magnitude faster.
>
> Extra highlights:
> - Roassal2 is documented in a brand new book: http://agilevisualization.com
> - jdt2famix is a new open-source importer for Java: https://github.com/girba/jdt2famix
>

> Installation
> ---
> The Moose Suite 6.0 comes for each platform as a separate bundle:
> - For Mac: http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose_suite_6_0-mac.zip
> - For Windows: http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose_suite_6_0-win.zip
> - For Linux: http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose_suite_6_0-linux.zip
>
> The Moose Suite 6.0 can also be loaded in a Pharo 5.0 image either from the Configuration Browser, or by executing the following script:
>
> Metacello new
>     smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Moose';
>     configuration: 'Moose';
>     version: #stable;
>     load.
>

> Enjoy,