[ann] steering agile architecture video published by o'reilly

[ann] steering agile architecture video published by o'reilly

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am happy to announce that O’Reilly has published my Steering Agile Architecture video training:
http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/steering-agile-architecture-video-training-oreilly/

This video is based on my work on humane assessment, and it features Moose prominently. It also shows Pharo, GT and Roassal (in the last part).

The video is indeed paid and it is mainly targeted to people that have a Safari Books Online subscription. But, the interesting thing about it is that it opens Pharo and Moose to a new kind of an audience, O’Reilly being the most prominent publishing company in the software area.

Agile architecture is considered a prominent topic but the literature (until now) was rather loose at how to make it really work in practice. This course offers both a concrete approach based on humane assessment. As you might know, humane assessment centers around the idea of building tools cheaply as a way to figure the system out, and this is right now pretty much only practicable in Moose and Pharo.

One thing that I ask people when I go to conferences, the last one being the Software Architecture Conference organized by O’Reilly, is if they like working with legacy systems. They actively dislike it. Then I show them demos of how it can be like and then I ask them if they think these demos are cool. And I never encountered one that did not find it cool. So, in a way, we can now be quite confident in saying that we work on the single platform that makes working with an existing system cool. Not a small feat.

So, if you do get the chance to look at these things, you might also get a concrete inspiration of how to leverage Pharo skills within companies that do not yet work with Pharo.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: [Moose-dev] [ann] steering agile architecture video published by o'reilly

abergel
This is a fantastic experience!

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu