annotationDescription asMorph is buggy

12

Re: Magritte confusion

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks I will check.

Stef

> Magritte 3 has be used a lot of the Seaside bindings - but less so with Morphic - so there could easily be some issues to resolve in Morphic.
>
> On 9 April 2012 11:57, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
> another sample that might help - http://twitterbootstrap.seasidehosting.st/
>

> On 9 April 2012 11:54, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
> On 9 April 2012 11:44, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Apr 9, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Nick Ager wrote:
>
> > Thanks lukas I just found it.
> > I'm immensely sad… because having a cool system like magritte not even be described decently somewhere is sad.
> > Before we got your master now nothing…
> >
> > there is the screen-cast, a presentation, sample document and refactoring tools to help translate from Magritte 2 to Magritte 3. Could Magritte 3 do with more documents? - sure - but I don't have any free cycles
>
> I imagine.
> Now you have one advantage you know what you did (I do not know) and you are native english speaker (I'm not).
>
>  Let me know if there is something in the screen-cast [1], presentation [2], sample code [3] that isn't clear and I'll do my best to clarify. At the moment I can't help you any more than this.
>
> Nick
>
> [1] http://vimeo.com/37032840
> [2] http://www.slideshare.net/nickager/magritte3
> [3] http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/MagritteMagic'

Re: annotationDescription asMorph is buggy

On Apr 9, 2012, at 7:02 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> It's fixed now. I moved the annotations to the instance side and it works just fine.

Good so I did not lose time for nothing. (I could not finish because we had visitors).
Now it would be good to announce changes in the other frameworks because knowing that magritte 3 changed to instance side
was the change. So I found the correct hotspot. Now I would like to see if I can get rid of unnamed…… in the interface.

I will have a look.

> Doru
>

> On 9 Apr 2012, at 17:14, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The only Moose clients of Magritte are Glamour and Metanool.
>>
>> I switched to Magritte 3 because I want to support the effort. It was a great work that Nick did (I remember talking about this with Lukas at least 3 years ago - and we thought the impact would be too great :)), and the only thing that got impacted was the dialog of adding a new Metanool annotation. Glamour is not impacted at all given that it only expects Magritte objects (hence not depending on creation).
>>
>> I did not have enough time to look into it, but I believe you found the problem quite nicely. It's basically one method :). I will spend some a bit of time in the following days to wrap it up.
>>
>> All in all, just like we are pushing to always use the latest Pharo to benefit from the energy of the community, in the same way we will always try push to use the latest of the other dependencies if we can benefit from the energy spent there.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 9 Apr 2012, at 12:42, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> so what do we do?
>>> I lost two hours and now I imagine that it may work if I redo it from scratch.
>>>
>>> Now I have no idea of the implication for moose.
>>> Luckily messana is dead so our magritte use is limited.
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
>> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> Innovation comes in least expected form.
> That is, if it is expected, it already happened.

12