another hitch in the tutorial..

sergio_101-2
i am step four, and almost have things working..

the part i am having trouble with is:

StListComponent>>#renderContentOn:

renderContentOn: html

html table: [(self sortBlock
        value: (self filterBlock value: self items))
        do: [:item | html tableRow: [self renderItemBlock
                        value: item
                        value: html]]].

no matter what i do, i keep getting the following error:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #value:

after this:

[] in StListComponent>>renderContentOn: {[(self sortBlock value: (self
filterBlock value: self ite...etc...

i think i am out of places to look..

any help would be appreciated ..

thanks!

--
___
peace,

Re: another hitch in the tutorial..

Peter Osburg-2
Hi Sergio,

The message "self sortBlock" is an access to the instance variable sortBlock. So you try to send value: to exactly this instance variable but it seems not to be defined. Try to check if you forgot to define the value of sortBlock.

Regards,
Peter
2009/2/9 sergio_101 <[hidden email]>
[...]

Peter Osburg
[hidden email]
www.peter-osburg.de

Re: another hitch in the tutorial..

John McKeon
Hello Sergio,
Look at StRoot>>initializeListComponent (about three paragraphs below the code you posted in the tutorial). Of course, the sortBlock instance variable needs to been defined for StListComponent as well.as its accessor methods. Then you need to call this method in StRoot>>initialize

Warm regards
John McKeon

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
i am step four, and almost have things working..

the part i am having trouble with is:

StListComponent>>#renderContentOn:

renderContentOn: html

html table: [(self sortBlock
       value: (self filterBlock value: self items))
       do: [:item | html tableRow: [self renderItemBlock
                       value: item
                       value: html]]].

no matter what i do, i keep getting the following error:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #value:

after this:

[] in StListComponent>>renderContentOn: {[(self sortBlock value: (self
filterBlock value: self ite...etc...

i think i am out of places to look..

any help would be appreciated ..

thanks!

--
___
peace,
sergio
www.village-buzz.com
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: another hitch in the tutorial..

sergio_101-2
> The message "self sortBlock" is an access to the instance variable
> sortBlock. So you try to send value: to exactly this instance variable but
> it seems not to be defined. Try to check if you forgot to define the value
> of sortBlock.

hmm.. it seems like this is okay.. here is the declaration of my class:

WAComponent subclass: #StListComponent
        instanceVariableNames: 'items filterBlock sortBlock renderItemBlock'
        classVariableNames: ''
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'STTutTodoApp'

i did a refactor, and sortBlock and sortBlock: both appear in
StListComponent's declaration..

digging further.

thanks!

i am DETERMINED to hang in there with seaside this time..

--
___
peace,
sergio
www.village-buzz.com
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: another hitch in the tutorial..

sergio_101-2
> needs to been defined for StListComponent as well.as its accessor methods.
> Then you need to call this method in StRoot>>initialize

hmm.. here is my StRoot>>initialize

initialize
        super initialize.
        self
        initializeMenuComponent;
  listComponent: StListComponent new.

this seems like it should be okay, yeah?

thanks!

--
___
peace,