another question for incremental loading

another question for incremental loading

stepharo
Hi doru

If I have a model "model1" mse or database it will have internal names/id

then I have a delta or even another model

and loading it I will need to do a mapping between in memory objects of
the model 1

So you propose to remove all the entities related to entities in Model2
from model1 and to load load model2

but to do so you need to know that id:xxx in Model2 corresponds to Class
A in Model

My impression is that we should really have a uniqueName for any entity.

Re: another question for incremental loading

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed, that is what I said. We need to rely on the unique name. This is provided by mooseName. For all named entities this is unique within the entities of the same type. Thus, the unique name is not guaranteed to be unique within the whole model, but it is unique within the entities of the same type.

This is enough for our purpose given that we know the type of the entity that we need to replace.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 4:03 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi doru
>

> If I have a model "model1" mse or database it will have internal names/id
>

> then I have a delta or even another model
>
> and loading it I will need to do a mapping between in memory objects of the model 1
>

> So you propose to remove all the entities related to entities in Model2 from model1 and to load load model2
>
> but to do so you need to know that id:xxx in Model2 corresponds to Class A in Model
>

> My impression is that we should really have a uniqueName for any entity.
>

> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."