another small glamour fix

EstebanLM
Hi Tudor,
It looks like replacing:

GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
        treeMorph model updateRoots

with:

GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
        anAnnouncement presentation
                suspendAllWhile: [ treeMorph model updateRoots ]

makes sense (I was having a lot of updates when updating on a list who was being "transmited" by a tree presentation)

what do you think? can I commit this?

cheers,
Esteban

Re: another small glamour fix

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Esteban,

Interesting.

Before doing this, I would like to understand a bit more the implications. So, could you tell us:
- are tests still green after the change? (I guess so, but you never know :))
- what are the announcements that go to the presentation when you send updateRoots?
- what is an estimation of the performance increase in your case?

Cheers,
Doru

On 17 Jun 2011, at 14:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi Tudor,
> It looks like replacing:
>
> GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
> treeMorph model updateRoots
>
> with:
>
> GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
> anAnnouncement presentation
> suspendAllWhile: [ treeMorph model updateRoots ]
>
> makes sense (I was having a lot of updates when updating on a list who was being "transmited" by a tree presentation)
>
> what do you think? can I commit this?
>
> cheers,
> Esteban

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

El 17/06/2011, a las 10:22a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> Interesting.
>
> Before doing this, I would like to understand a bit more the implications. So, could you tell us:
> - are tests still green after the change? (I guess so, but you never know :))

the tests:

288 run, 278 passes, 4 expected failures, 1 failures, 5 errors, 0 unexpected passes
Failures:
GLMFinderMorphicTest>>#testDefaultFixedSizePanes

Errors:
GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncements
GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenRemovingPane
GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenUpdatingPane
GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenUpdatingPaneWithTwoAnnouncers
GLMFinderTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenRemovingPane

> - what are the announcements that go to the presentation when you send updateRoots?

I don't know :)

> - what is an estimation of the performance increase in your case?

well... I noticed the problem because I have this browser: "a tree transmits to a list".
I have an action who triggers an announcement who triggers an update on list (it is a filter, but with a form, not the text input glamour provides). The update was being called 1+tree nodes deep opened (yes, that annoying), so the displayValue for the list was being calculated at least 2 times (and usually 4 times, because the way the tree is used) and it was a large list... so it was taking a lot of time... and multiplied by 2-4 times.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 17 Jun 2011, at 14:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Hi Tudor,
>> It looks like replacing:
>>
>> GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
>> treeMorph model updateRoots
>>
>> with:
>>
>> GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
>> anAnnouncement presentation
>> suspendAllWhile: [ treeMorph model updateRoots ]
>>
>> makes sense (I was having a lot of updates when updating on a list who was being "transmited" by a tree presentation)
>>
>> what do you think? can I commit this?
>>
>> cheers,
>> Esteban

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: another small glamour fix

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Esteban,

I found a source of the problem related to not resetting announcements when copying panes. Perhaps this affects your issue as well.

Could you try again?

I would also be very interested in knowing how to reproduce your problem. Could you describe a small scenario (maybe a small example and tell me where I should put the halt :))?

Cheers,
Doru

On 17 Jun 2011, at 15:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> El 17/06/2011, a las 10:22a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>
>> Hi Esteban,
>>
>> Interesting.
>>
>> Before doing this, I would like to understand a bit more the implications. So, could you tell us:
>> - are tests still green after the change? (I guess so, but you never know :))
>
> the tests:
>
> 288 run, 278 passes, 4 expected failures, 1 failures, 5 errors, 0 unexpected passes
> Failures:
> GLMFinderMorphicTest>>#testDefaultFixedSizePanes
>
> Errors:
> GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncements
> GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenRemovingPane
> GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenUpdatingPane
> GLMBrowserTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenUpdatingPaneWithTwoAnnouncers
> GLMFinderTest>>#testUnregisterAnnouncementsWhenRemovingPane
>
>> - what are the announcements that go to the presentation when you send updateRoots?
>
> I don't know :)
>
>> - what is an estimation of the performance increase in your case?
>
> well... I noticed the problem because I have this browser: "a tree transmits to a list".
> I have an action who triggers an announcement who triggers an update on list (it is a filter, but with a form, not the text input glamour provides). The update was being called 1+tree nodes deep opened (yes, that annoying), so the displayValue for the list was being calculated at least 2 times (and usually 4 times, because the way the tree is used) and it was a large list... so it was taking a lot of time... and multiplied by 2-4 times.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 17 Jun 2011, at 14:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tudor,
>>> It looks like replacing:
>>>
>>> GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
>>> treeMorph model updateRoots
>>>
>>> with:
>>>
>>> GLMMorphicListingRenderer>>#actOnUpdatedPresentation: anAnnouncement
>>> anAnnouncement presentation
>>> suspendAllWhile: [ treeMorph model updateRoots ]
>>>
>>> makes sense (I was having a lot of updates when updating on a list who was being "transmited" by a tree presentation)
>>>
>>> what do you think? can I commit this?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Esteban
>>
>> --