ansible, daemontools, GsDevKit_home questions - extent directory

ansible, daemontools, GsDevKit_home questions - extent directory

GLASS mailing list
Hi Dale,

I've got some time this weekend to get the GsDevKit_daemontools project working (https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_daemontools), and to also try to get GsDevKit_home configured with ansible (https://www.ansible.com).

The goal is to have the 3.3.1 extent on one partition, tranlogs on another, and daemontools making sure the stone and gems are running/restarted when they die.

I think I can get the stone.env set up properly.  When creating a stone is there a way to set where the extent should be created?  It looks like the

GsDevKitNewExtentCommandLineHandler>>#newExtent

command doesn't use the $GEMSTONE_DATADIR environment variable.

Thanks

Paul

Re: ansible, daemontools, GsDevKit_home questions - extent directory

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

I can just shutdown the stone and copy the extents and tranlogs where I need them, then restart it.  So this isn't a problem for me any more.

Thanks

GLASS mailing list wrote
Hi Dale,

I've got some time this weekend to get the GsDevKit_daemontools project working (https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_daemontools), and to also try to get GsDevKit_home configured with ansible (https://www.ansible.com).

The goal is to have the 3.3.1 extent on one partition, tranlogs on another, and daemontools making sure the stone and gems are running/restarted when they die.

I think I can get the stone.env set up properly.  When creating a stone is there a way to set where the extent should be created?  It looks like the

GsDevKitNewExtentCommandLineHandler>>#newExtent

command doesn't use the $GEMSTONE_DATADIR environment variable.

Thanks

Paul

Re: ansible, daemontools, GsDevKit_home questions - extent directory

GLASS mailing list
Paul,

Cool! I'm excited to see the _daemontools project filled in .... and
ansible looks to be very interesting ...

Have you thought about the best way to integrate _daemontools into
_home? It could be part of the base installSever or we could create an
installDaemontools, or ??? What do you think?

When you are ready, perhaps we should get together for a mini-GsDevKit
sprint?

Dale