application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

Nowak, Helge
application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

Dear Smalltalkers,

unfortunately I became aware of the Plat_Forms competition only now: http://www.plat-forms.org/

I hope you were better than myself and have already submitted your proposals. If not, I hope some of you can organize and submit even on this short-notice a team!

Good luck!

Helge

Helge Nowak

Technical Account Manager Cincom Smalltalk

Cincom Systems GmbH & Co. oHG

Am Kronberger Hang 4

D-65824 Schwalbach/Ts.

Tel.: +49-(0)89-89664494

Mobil: +49-(0)172-7400402

Fax: +49-(0)89-89664495

Email: [hidden email]

Web: http://www.cincom.com

All about Cincom Smalltalk:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com

A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.

-- Albert Einstein

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Thomas M. Nies, Gerald L. Shawhan

oHG mit Sitz/based in Schwalbach/Ts. (Amtsgericht Königstein/Ts. HRA 2653)

Pers. haftender Gesellschafter/Partner liable to unlimited extent:

Cincom Systems Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH (Amtsgericht Königstein/Ts. HRB 5069)

Re: application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

tallman@inbox.ru

I now working on building the team for Plat Forms. Problem is, as far as I understand, minimum allowed teams number is 3. So if our team will be the single one, smalltalk will maybe just not be allowed.

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:50:13 -0000 письмо от "Nowak, Helge" <[hidden email]>:

Dear Smalltalkers,

unfortunately I became aware of the Plat_Forms competition only now: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.plat-forms.org/" onclick="return cfmn(this, this.href); "><a href="http://www.plat-forms.org/" _mce_href="http://www.plat-forms.org/" target="_blank" onclick="return cfmn(this, this.href); ">http://www.plat-forms.org/

I hope you were better than myself and have already submitted your proposals. If not, I hope some of you can organize and submit even on this short-notice a team!

Good luck!

Helge

Helge Nowak

Technical Account Manager Cincom Smalltalk

Cincom Systems GmbH & Co. oHG

Am Kronberger Hang 4

D-65824 Schwalbach/Ts.

Tel.: +49-(0)89-89664494

Mobil: +49-(0)172-7400402

Fax: +49-(0)89-89664495

Email: mailto:hnowak@...

Web: <a target="_blank" href="http://smalltalk.cincom.com" onclick="return cfmn(this, this.href); "><a href="http://www.cincom.com" _mce_href="http://www.cincom.com" target="_blank" onclick="return cfmn(this, this.href); ">http://www.cincom.com

All about Cincom Smalltalk:

<a target="_blank" href="http://smalltalk.cincom.com" onclick="return cfmn(this, this.href); "><a href="http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com" _mce_href="http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com" target="_blank" onclick="return cfmn(this, this.href); ">http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com

A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.

-- Albert Einstein

Geschдftsfьhrer/Managing Directors: Thomas M. Nies, Gerald L. Shawhan

oHG mit Sitz/based in Schwalbach/Ts. (Amtsgericht Kцnigstein/Ts. HRA 2653)

Pers. haftender Gesellschafter/Partner liable to unlimited extent:

Cincom Systems Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH (Amtsgericht Kцnigstein/Ts. HRB 5069)

Re: application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

jtuchel

Hi, (unfortunately, I cannot read cyrillic, so I'm not sure who you are ;-) )

First of all: I am glad to hear that somebody applied to show Smalltalk's strengths. I couldn't find people with the right combination of motivation and time ;-)

My understanding is that there is no limit to the number of groups for a platform. The team size is exactly 3 developers, but I have not found such a limit on their website.

Joachim

"Юрий Мироненко" <[hidden email]> hat am 2. Dezember 2010 um 09:23 geschrieben:

  I now working on building the team for Plat Forms. Problem is, as far as I understand, minimum allowed teams number is 3. So if our team will be the single one, smalltalk will maybe just not be allowed.

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:50:13 -0000 письмо от "Nowak, Helge" <[hidden email]>:

Dear Smalltalkers,

  unfortunately I became aware of  the  Plat_Forms  competition  on  ly now:       http://www.plat-forms.org/

I hope you were better than myself and have already submitted your proposals. If not, I hope some of you can organize  and submit even on this  short-noticea team!

Good luck!

Helge

Helge Nowak

Technical Account Manager Cincom Smalltalk

Cincom Systems GmbH & Co. oHG

Am Kronberger Hang 4

D-65824 Schwalbach/Ts.

Tel.: +49-(0)89-89664494

Mobil: +49-(0)172-7400402

Fax: +49-(0)89-89664495

Email: mailto:hnowak@...

Web: http://www.cincom.com

All about Cincom Smalltalk:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com

A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.

-- Albert Einstein

Geschдftsfьhrer/Managing Directors: Thomas M. Nies, Gerald L. Shawhan

oHG mit Sitz/based in Schwalbach/Ts. (Amtsgericht Kцnigstein/Ts. HRA 2653)

Pers. haftender Gesellschafter/Partner liable to unlimited extent:

Cincom Systems Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH (Amtsgericht Kцnigstein/Ts. HRB 5069)

Re: application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

tallman@inbox.ru
> Hi, (unfortunately, I cannot read cyrillic, so I'm not sure who you are ;-) )
I'm Yuriy Mironenko, Rostov-on-Don, Russia :-)

> My understanding is that there is no limit to the number of groups for a platform. The team size is exactly 3 developers, but I have not found such a limit on their website.
I wanted to admit it in previous letter, but, well...I didn't. Mainly because this question is not absolutely clean.

Really, when you reading announcement page (http://www.plat-forms.org/platforms-announcement), there are no this restriction listed in some clear manner. But you may admit this quotation: "However, we will nominate a best solution among the three solutions on each individual platform".

And, when you reading main page (http://www.plat-forms.org), you may admit this quotation: "We will try to select the most capable teams from among the applications and will accept up to four (and at least three) teams for each platform".

Re: application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

drush66
2010/12/2 Юрий Мироненко <[hidden email]>:

> Really, when you reading announcement page
> (http://www.plat-forms.org/platforms-announcement), there are no this
> restriction listed in some clear manner. But you may admit this quotation:
> "However, we will nominate a best solution among the three solutions on each
> individual platform".
>
> And, when you reading main page (http://www.plat-forms.org), you may admit
> this quotation: "We will try to select the most capable teams from among the
> applications and will accept up to four (and at least three) teams for each
> platform".

Well those parts of rules describe how many teams for one platform can
participate, not how many members one team has. So I guess you could
qualify as a single member, but you would definitely be handicaped in
comparison to teams of 3. So It would be great if someone else could
join you, or maybe if you could persuade organizers to let you add
more people to your team after the application phase ends.

I was thinking about joining but I think my current Seaside skills are
not good enough for such competition, and less but still important, it
would be hard to schedule those few days.

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: application phase for Plat_Forms ends!!

NiallRoss
Dear Davorin et al,
    we should put one Smalltalk team in if possible.  If the organisers
then drop us, that is their affair.  I agree we will likely not get 3
teams of 3 Smalltalkers, but it may well be that is just a secondary
prize (best in Java, best in Python, whatever).  If we win best overall,
we will not complain about not getting a 'best in Smalltalk' as well.

Just FYI, Michael (Mr WebVelocity) came back from his tour of the UK and
Europe last week with flue, so he cannot participate in this discussion
at the moment.  If we have a team in, it is possible we can strengthen
it, train it or whatever as the dates approach.

          Yours faithfully
             Niall Ross