aspectValue: for a ListModel?

Jerome Chan
I'm editing a ListModel in a Dialog. Is there a way to buffer the
changes like in the aspectValue: message of Object?

The workaround I've been using is to create a copy of the ListModel in
my model: message and reapply the final changes by providing an over
ridden apply message.

Re: aspectValue: for a ListModel?

Christopher J. Demers
Jerome Chan <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> I'm editing a ListModel in a Dialog. Is there a way to buffer the
> changes like in the aspectValue: message of Object?
>
> The workaround I've been using is to create a copy of the ListModel in
> my model: message and reapply the final changes by providing an over
> ridden apply message.

I suspect that the responses to my message Subject: "Should keyedValue: also
be implemented in AspectBuffer?" Date: 2-6-2001 may be of interest to you.
I basically used Frank Sergeant's approach.  I was using a Dictionary, but I
believe the same technique could be used for any ListModel, the key would
just be the index.

I think this is an area that could use some improvement in Dolphin.  I
believe that an AspectBuffer could work in a slightly more generic way with
only a few changes that would allow it to better support keydCollections.

Chris