auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Paul DeBruicker

Is there a way to set the browser to auto format on save or display in
pharo 2?

Thanks

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Stéphane Ducasse
not that I know but I would really like to experiment with such feature.

On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:05 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to set the browser to auto format on save or display in
> pharo 2?
>

> Thanks

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Guillermo Polito
I'd love to have a setting enabling that! <3

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
not that I know but I would really like to experiment with such feature.

On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:05 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to set the browser to auto format on save or display in
> pharo 2?
>

> Thanks

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Mariano Martinez Peck
And what about the simple "format" which used to be with ctrl+r ? Is it somehow available in Nautilus in Pharo 2.0?

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 12 Jun 2013, at 14:10, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

And what about the simple "format" which used to be with ctrl+r ? Is it somehow available in Nautilus in Pharo 2.0?

You are getting old Mariano, it is right there:

;-)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Mariano Martinez Peck
hheheh sorry, I forgot to be clearer ;)
I was asking a shortcut for that, besides the menu entry :)
Thanks sven!

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Esteban A. Maringolo
I was used to "format & accept", it was Ctrl+Shift+S (Accept/Save was Ctrl+S).

Ctrl+F is a commonly used shortcut for "Format code".

I tend to use the dialect formatter by default when saving, because that way everytime I do a refactoring the resulting code will have the same formatting rules as the original one.

So my vote goes for Ctrl+Shift+S (or Cmd+Shift+S).

Regards.

Esteban A. Maringolo

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Write a Nautilus plugin :P

Ben

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Paul DeBruicker
On linux the format shortcut is alt+shift+u

so probably cmd+shift+u on mac.

> hheheh sorry, I forgot to be clearer ;)
> I was asking a shortcut for that, besides the menu entry :)
> Thanks sven!
>

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     On 12 Jun 2013, at 14:10, Mariano Martinez Peck
>
>>     And what about the simple "format" which used to be with ctrl+r ?
>>     Is it somehow available in Nautilus in Pharo 2.0?
>
>     You are getting old Mariano, it is right there:
>

>     ;-)
>
>>     On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Guillermo
>>     Polito <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>     I'd love to have a setting enabling that! <3
>>

>>     On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Stéphane
>>     Ducasse <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>     not that I know but I would really like to experiment with such
>>     feature.
>>
>>     On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:05 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     >
>>     >
>>     > Is there a way to set the browser to auto format on save or
>>     display in
>>     > pharo 2?
>>     >
>>     >
>>     > Thanks
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>

>>     --
>>     Mariano
>>     http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: auto-format on save/display in pharo 2?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 12 Jun 2013, at 16:52, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On linux the format shortcut is alt+shift+u
>
> so probably cmd+shift+u on mac.

Yes it is !
And I didn't know that, thanks !

Sven