beta 1.4 documentation online

12

beta 1.4 documentation online

Camillo Bruni-3
finally, after the 100th attempt I managed to export the documentation on 1.4

http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4

this weekend I will tackle 2.0 :) and of course, it still needs some love!

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

Guillermo Polito

- How can I export it myself too?
- We should report issues about it in the foogzbuz (or whatever it is called I cannot reproduce yet :P).

- We should report issues about it in the foogzbuz (or whatever it is called I cannot reproduce yet :P).

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 12 Mar 2013, at 14:18, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

finally, after the 100th attempt I managed to export the documentation on 1.4

http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4

Beautiful !

this weekend I will tackle 2.0 :) and of course, it still needs some love!

Looking forward to it.

For me (Safari on Mac OS X) the embedded links / popups are not working:

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

On 2013-03-12, at 14:49, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> finally, after the 100th attempt I managed to export the documentation on
>> 1.4
>>
>> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4
>>
>> this weekend I will tackle 2.0 :) and of course, it still needs some love!
>>

> - How can I export it myself too?

currently work in progress, but there is a configuration for it:

Gofer new
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main'
        configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
        loadDevelopment.

And I think you have to manually start up a seaside adapter, once that is done:

http://localhost:8080/doc

should do the trick.

> - We should report issues about it in the foogzbuz (or whatever it is
> called I cannot reproduce yet :P).

yes, maybe let's wait until next weekend :) since it doesn't run under
2.0 yet :P. I won't work on during the day :P that is reserved for Guido and
the paper...

On 2013-03-12, at 14:53, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2013, at 14:18, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> finally, after the 100th attempt I managed to export the documentation on 1.4
>>
>> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4
>
> Beautiful !
>
>> this weekend I will tackle 2.0 :) and of course, it still needs some love!
>
> Looking forward to it.
>
> For me (Safari on Mac OS X) the embedded links / popups are not working:

yeah I forgot to export the selector popups, plus there is a bug in the javascript
which fiddles with the URLs :P. And making seaside work with relative URLs
was more than one hack |(

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4/doc/package/undefined

RSArrayNode.

2013/3/12 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> On 2013-03-12, at 14:49, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> finally, after the 100th attempt I managed to export the documentation on
>>> 1.4
>>>
>>> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4
>>>
>>> this weekend I will tackle 2.0 :) and of course, it still needs some love!
>>>

>> - How can I export it myself too?
>
> currently work in progress, but there is a configuration for it:
>
> Gofer new
>         url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main'
>         configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
>         loadDevelopment.
>
> And I think you have to manually start up a seaside adapter, once that is done:
>
> http://localhost:8080/doc
>
> should do the trick.
>

>> - We should report issues about it in the foogzbuz (or whatever it is
>> called I cannot reproduce yet :P).
>
> yes, maybe let's wait until next weekend :) since it doesn't run under
> 2.0 yet :P. I won't work on during the day :P that is reserved for Guido and
> the paper...

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
Other than that, awesome.

Packages metadata will come in handy!

Phil

2013/3/12 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> On 2013-03-12, at 14:53, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 12 Mar 2013, at 14:18, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> finally, after the 100th attempt I managed to export the documentation on 1.4
>>>
>>> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4
>>
>> Beautiful !
>>
>>> this weekend I will tackle 2.0 :) and of course, it still needs some love!
>>
>> Looking forward to it.
>>
>> For me (Safari on Mac OS X) the embedded links / popups are not working:
>
> yeah I forgot to export the selector popups, plus there is a bug in the javascript
> which fiddles with the URLs :P. And making seaside work with relative URLs
> was more than one hack |(

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

stephane ducasse

yes, maybe let's wait until next weekend :) since it doesn't run under
2.0 yet :P. I won't work on during the day :P that is reserved for Guido and
the paper…

I love to read that :)

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

tinchodias
impressive!!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4/doc/package/undefined
>
> RSArrayNode.
>
> 2013/3/12 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

>>> - How can I export it myself too?
>>
>> currently work in progress, but there is a configuration for it:
>>
>> Gofer new
>>         url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main'
>>         configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
>>         loadDevelopment.
>>
>> And I think you have to manually start up a seaside adapter, once that is done:
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/doc
>>
>> should do the trick.
>>

>>> - We should report issues about it in the foogzbuz (or whatever it is
>>> called I cannot reproduce yet :P).
>>
>> yes, maybe let's wait until next weekend :) since it doesn't run under
>> 2.0 yet :P. I won't work on during the day :P that is reserved for Guido and
>> the paper...

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
BTW, an interesting additional ./vm.sh command would be:

$./vm.sh clone Pharo WebDocExperiment

which would do a copy of Pharo.image and Pharo.changes to the
WebDoc.image and WebDoc.changes

Phil
2013/3/12 Martin Dias <[hidden email]>:

> impressive!!
>
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4/doc/package/undefined
>>
>> RSArrayNode.

>>> currently work in progress, but there is a configuration for it:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>         url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main'
>>>         configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
>>>         loadDevelopment.
>>>
>>> And I think you have to manually start up a seaside adapter, once that is done:
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8080/doc
>>>
>>> should do the trick.

>>> yes, maybe let's wait until next weekend :) since it doesn't run under
>>> 2.0 yet :P. I won't work on during the day :P that is reserved for Guido and
>>> the paper...

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
That already exists no ?

$ ./vm.sh Pharo.image save Foo

will do a 'Save As..' to Foo.[image|changes]

On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:45, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW, an interesting additional ./vm.sh command would be:
>
> $./vm.sh clone Pharo WebDocExperiment
>
> which would do a copy of Pharo.image and Pharo.changes to the
> WebDoc.image and WebDoc.changes
>
> Phil
> 2013/3/12 Martin Dias <[hidden email]>:
>> impressive!!
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/doc/1.4/doc/package/undefined
>>>
>>> RSArrayNode.

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
These are the standard installed handlers:

$ ../vm.sh Pharo.image --list
Currently installed Command Line Handlers:
    st              Loads and executes .st source files
    Fuel            Loads fuel files
    config          Install and inspect Metacello Configurations from the command line
    save            Rename the image and changes file
    test            A command line test runner
    update          Load updates
    printVersion    Print image version
    eval            Directly evaluates passed in one line scripts

for each of them you can do --help

$ ../vm.sh Pharo.image save --help
Usage: save <imageBaseName> [--delete-old]
  <imageName>     a base name for the image
--delete-old    remove the old image and changes file

Documentation:
Saves the image and changes file under a new name.

Examples:
# create a 'bar.image' and 'foo.changes'
$PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar
# create the same file as in the previous example but delete Foo.image and Foo.changes
$PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar --delete-old

Sven

On 2013-03-12, at 16:48, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That already exists no ?
>
> $ ./vm.sh Pharo.image save Foo

exactly! :)

I usally use:
./vm.sh Pharo.image save MyProject --delete-old

so I have less mess around

> will do a 'Save As..' to Foo.[image|changes]
>
> On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:45, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> BTW, an interesting additional ./vm.sh command would be:
>>
>> $./vm.sh clone Pharo WebDocExperiment
>>
>> which would do a copy of Pharo.image and Pharo.changes to the
>> WebDoc.image and WebDoc.changes

I think I will sit with Benjamin this weekend to hack on a per-project
documentation solution:

./vm.sh MyProject.image docment --output-dir=doc MyPackage-Foo "MyPackage-Bar.*"

and you will get a nice doc folder with a more or less ready to ship
pharo documentation a la javadoc :)

but with a source code navigation that rocks!

On 2013-03-12, at 16:51, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These are the standard installed handlers:
>
> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image --list
> Currently installed Command Line Handlers:
>    st              Loads and executes .st source files
>    Fuel            Loads fuel files
>    config          Install and inspect Metacello Configurations from the command line
>    save            Rename the image and changes file
>    test            A command line test runner
>    update          Load updates
>    printVersion    Print image version
>    eval            Directly evaluates passed in one line scripts
>
> for each of them you can do --help
>
> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image save --help
> Usage: save <imageBaseName> [--delete-old]
> <imageName>     a base name for the image
> --delete-old    remove the old image and changes file
>
> Documentation:
> Saves the image and changes file under a new name.
>
> Examples:
> # create a 'bar.image' and 'foo.changes'
> $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar
> # create the same file as in the previous example but delete Foo.image and Foo.changes
> $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar --delete-old
>
> Sven

ups, typos, typos: saveAs => save :/
I'll open an issue

> On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:48, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> That already exists no ?
>>
>> $ ./vm.sh Pharo.image save Foo
>>
>> will do a 'Save As..' to Foo.[image|changes]
>>
>> On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:45, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, an interesting additional ./vm.sh command would be:
>>>
>>> $./vm.sh clone Pharo WebDocExperiment
>>>
>>> which would do a copy of Pharo.image and Pharo.changes to the
>>> WebDoc.image and WebDoc.changes
>>>
>>> Phil

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
Oh, thank you! Didn't notice that.

Phil

2013/3/12 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

> That already exists no ?
>
> $ ./vm.sh Pharo.image save Foo
>
> will do a 'Save As..' to Foo.[image|changes]
>
> On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:45, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> BTW, an interesting additional ./vm.sh command would be:
>>
>> $./vm.sh clone Pharo WebDocExperiment
>>
>> which would do a copy of Pharo.image and Pharo.changes to the
>> WebDoc.image and WebDoc.changes
>>
>> Phil
>> 2013/3/12 Martin Dias <[hidden email]>:
>>> impressive!!

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
Ah, one critter less!

2013/3/12 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> On 2013-03-12, at 16:51, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> These are the standard installed handlers:
>>
>> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image --list
>> Currently installed Command Line Handlers:
>>    st              Loads and executes .st source files
>>    Fuel            Loads fuel files
>>    config          Install and inspect Metacello Configurations from the command line
>>    save            Rename the image and changes file
>>    test            A command line test runner
>>    update          Load updates
>>    printVersion    Print image version
>>    eval            Directly evaluates passed in one line scripts
>>
>> for each of them you can do --help
>>
>> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image save --help
>> Usage: save <imageBaseName> [--delete-old]
>>       <imageName>     a base name for the image
>>       --delete-old    remove the old image and changes file
>>
>> Documentation:
>> Saves the image and changes file under a new name.
>>
>> Examples:
>>       # create a 'bar.image' and 'foo.changes'
>>       $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar
>>       # create the same file as in the previous example but delete Foo.image and Foo.changes
>>       $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar --delete-old
>>
>> Sven
>
> ups, typos, typos: saveAs => save :/
> I'll open an issue
>

>> On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:48, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> That already exists no ?
>>>
>>> $ ./vm.sh Pharo.image save Foo
>>>
>>> will do a 'Save As..' to Foo.[image|changes]

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
  <imageName> defaults to `Squeak.image'.

WHAT?!

PhilMac:~/Documents/Smalltalk/2-MyWorkspaces/workspaceZeroConf20130312
philippeback$] ./vm.sh --help
unknown option: --help
Usage: [<option>...] [<imageName> [<argument>...]]
       [<option>...] -- [<argument>...]

Common <option>s:
  -help                 print this help message, then exit
  -memory <size>[mk]    use fixed heap size (added to image size)
  -headless             run in headless (no window) mode (default: false)

Notes:
  <imageName> defaults to `Squeak.image'.
  If `-memory' is not specified then the heap will grow dynamically.
  <argument>s are ignored, but are processed by the Squeak image.
  The first <argument> normally names a Squeak `script' to execute.
  Precede <arguments> by `--' to use default image.

2013/3/12 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:

> On 2013-03-12, at 16:51, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> These are the standard installed handlers:
>>
>> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image --list
>> Currently installed Command Line Handlers:
>>    st              Loads and executes .st source files
>>    Fuel            Loads fuel files
>>    config          Install and inspect Metacello Configurations from the command line
>>    save            Rename the image and changes file
>>    test            A command line test runner
>>    update          Load updates
>>    printVersion    Print image version
>>    eval            Directly evaluates passed in one line scripts
>>
>> for each of them you can do --help
>>
>> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image save --help
>> Usage: save <imageBaseName> [--delete-old]
>>       <imageName>     a base name for the image
>>       --delete-old    remove the old image and changes file
>>
>> Documentation:
>> Saves the image and changes file under a new name.
>>
>> Examples:
>>       # create a 'bar.image' and 'foo.changes'
>>       $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar
>>       # create the same file as in the previous example but delete Foo.image and Foo.changes
>>       $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar --delete-old
>>
>> Sven
>
> ups, typos, typos: saveAs => save :/
> I'll open an issue
>

>> On 12 Mar 2013, at 16:48, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> That already exists no ?
>>>
>>> $ ./vm.sh Pharo.image save Foo
>>>
>>> will do a 'Save As..' to Foo.[image|changes]

Re: beta 1.4 documentation online

philippeback
And it is not even true

  <imageName> defaults to `Squeak.image'.

as I get  a file dialog when such an image is in the folder. (Duly
created with the save command)

Phil

how I hate the options of the VM |(

no --help,
-help exits unsuccessful
.... grml grml grml

On 2013-03-12, at 17:20, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And it is not even true
>
>  <imageName> defaults to `Squeak.image'.
>
> as I get  a file dialog when such an image is in the folder. (Duly
> created with the save command)
>
> Phil
>
> 2013/3/12 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On 2013-03-12, at 16:51, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> These are the standard installed handlers:
>>>
>>> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image --list
>>> Currently installed Command Line Handlers:
>>>   st              Loads and executes .st source files
>>>   Fuel            Loads fuel files
>>>   config          Install and inspect Metacello Configurations from the command line
>>>   save            Rename the image and changes file
>>>   test            A command line test runner
>>>   update          Load updates
>>>   printVersion    Print image version
>>>   eval            Directly evaluates passed in one line scripts
>>>
>>> for each of them you can do --help
>>>
>>> $ ../vm.sh Pharo.image save --help
>>> Usage: save <imageBaseName> [--delete-old]
>>>      <imageName>     a base name for the image
>>>      --delete-old    remove the old image and changes file
>>>
>>> Documentation:
>>> Saves the image and changes file under a new name.
>>>
>>> Examples:
>>>      # create a 'bar.image' and 'foo.changes'
>>>      $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar
>>>      # create the same file as in the previous example but delete Foo.image and Foo.changes
>>>      $PHAROVM Foo.image saveAs bar --delete-old
>>>
>>> Sven
>>
>> ups, typos, typos: saveAs => save :/
>> I'll open an issue

12