beta testers for the new version of the Pharo mooc

beta testers for the new version of the Pharo mooc

Stéphane Ducasse
Hello guys

We are looking for beta tester for the new version of the Pharo mooc.
The beta test period is planned from 12 to 23 of october
Let me know if you can help.

Tx

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: beta testers for the new version of the Pharo mooc

Juan Pablo Sandoval
Hi Stef,

Daniel (in copy), one of my students, is willing to help.

He started with Pharo one year ago, he also read the previous version of Pharo mooc.

Regards,
Juan P.

El mié., 30 sept. 2020 a las 10:30, Stéphane Ducasse (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hello guys

We are looking for beta tester for the new version of the Pharo mooc.
The beta test period is planned from 12 to 23 of october
Let me know if you can help.

Tx

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: beta testers for the new version of the Pharo mooc

Christopher Fuhrman-4
Hi Stef,

At the very least I can help, but I will try to find some students. I just upgraded to WSL2 on Windows 10 and would like to see how Pharo performs.

C. Fuhrman

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020, 10:30 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello guys

We are looking for beta tester for the new version of the Pharo mooc.
The beta test period is planned from 12 to 23 of october
Let me know if you can help.

Tx

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: beta testers for the new version of the Pharo mooc

tbrunz
Hi Stef,

Do you have information on the schedule yet?  (Times of day)

I'm asking people, and they want to know how much time/how to schedule this.

Thanks,
-Ted

Re: beta testers for the new version of the Pharo mooc

Christopher Fuhrman-4
Hi Stef,

I began some beta testing and noticed the Pharo Version of the image for the Mooc is blank (as opposed to 80, like the other images) on my Windows 10 WSL2 (Ubuntu) version of Pharo Launcher 2.2 (although when I open the mooc image, it says it is 8.0.0).

image.png

The image runs fine, but it might be confusing to newbies.

Cheers,

Cris

--
Christopher Fuhrman, P.Eng., PhD
Professeur au Département de génie logiciel et des technologies de l'information

http://profs.etsmtl.ca/cfuhrman
+1 514 396 8638
L'ÉTS est une constituante de l'Université du Québec