bleeding edge image on Windows - failing OSProcess

bleeding edge image on Windows - failing OSProcess

philippeback
I was giving a shot to Coral after viewing the video on Youtube.

Now, I tried to do:

CoralInstaller
    generateCoralScript.

And it failed miserably on:

WindowsProcess >> value

self initialStdErr nextPutAll: 'cannot execute ', self commandLine; cr....

with self initalStdErr being nil.

Is there someone using this on Windows yet?

TIA
Phil

Re: bleeding edge image on Windows - failing OSProcess

Damien Pollet
Hi Phil,

Coral needs to be adapted to all the changes in Pharo since Edinburgh…
Some of its functionality has been integrated in the base image, some
still need to be salvaged (the command/subcommand/options parser).
Most importantly, uses of OSProcess need to be fixed.

I'd still like to revive the project, but I'm not sure when I will get
time to dedicate to it.

On 19 November 2013 23:41, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was giving a shot to Coral after viewing the video on Youtube.
>
> Now, I tried to do:
>
> CoralInstaller
>     generateCoralScript.
>
> And it failed miserably on:
>
> WindowsProcess >> value

> self initialStdErr nextPutAll: 'cannot execute ', self commandLine; cr....
>
> with self initalStdErr being nil.
>
> Is there someone using this on Windows yet?
>
> TIA
> Phil

Damien Pollet

Re: bleeding edge image on Windows - failing OSProcess

Stéphane Ducasse

> Coral needs to be adapted to all the changes in Pharo since Edinburgh…
> Some of its functionality has been integrated in the base image, some
> still need to be salvaged (the command/subcommand/options parser).
> Most importantly, uses of OSProcess need to be fixed.
>
> I'd still like to revive the project, but I'm not sure when I will get
> time to dedicate to it.

Damien I was thinking to use the syntax of the bootstrap.

Stef

>> I was giving a shot to Coral after viewing the video on Youtube.
>>
>> Now, I tried to do:
>>
>> CoralInstaller
>>    generateCoralScript.
>>
>> And it failed miserably on:
>>
>> WindowsProcess >> value

>> self initialStdErr nextPutAll: 'cannot execute ', self commandLine; cr....
>>
>> with self initalStdErr being nil.
>>
>> Is there someone using this on Windows yet?
>>
>> TIA
>> Phil

> Damien Pollet
> type less, do more [ | ] http://people.untyped.org/damien.pollet

Re: bleeding edge image on Windows - failing OSProcess

abergel
Coral cannot die.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On 20 November 2013 12:40, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Damien I was thinking to use the syntax of the bootstrap.

You'll show me when I'm not completely lobotomized after an afternoon
teaching java :)

--
Damien Pollet