bloc and polymath

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

There is a discussion on the Pharo mailing list about vectors in Bloc. One idea is to get them more aligned with the effort from here, and this makes perfect sense.

There is one technical difficulty in that we would like the new world to only depend on Git to make it a better citizen for the new overall Pharo ecosystem. Is there a chance to get the code moved to GitHub any time soon?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: bloc and polymath

SergeStinckwich
Hi Doru,

I'm a bit busy this morning because we are submitting an ANR project with Stéphane.
I will reply in more details later.

Thank you.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

There is a discussion on the Pharo mailing list about vectors in Bloc. One idea is to get them more aligned with the effort from here, and this makes perfect sense.

There is one technical difficulty in that we would like the new world to only depend on Git to make it a better citizen for the new overall Pharo ecosystem. Is there a chance to get the code moved to GitHub any time soon?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: bloc and polymath

Tudor Girba-2
No worries. There is no rush.

Good luck with the submission!

Cheers,
Doru

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 10:47 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Doru,
>
> I'm a bit busy this morning because we are submitting an ANR project with Stéphane.
> I will reply in more details later.
>
> Thank you.
>
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a discussion on the Pharo mailing list about vectors in Bloc. One idea is to get them more aligned with the effort from here, and this makes perfect sense.
>
> There is one technical difficulty in that we would like the new world to only depend on Git to make it a better citizen for the new overall Pharo ecosystem. Is there a chance to get the code moved to GitHub any time soon?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
> "Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: bloc and polymath

SergeStinckwich
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

​hi Doru,
sorry I forget to reply to this email.

There is a discussion on the Pharo mailing list about vectors in Bloc. One idea is to get them more aligned with the effort from here, and this makes perfect sense.

Yes, this make sense for me. The implication is that PMV​ector class of PolyMath should be loadable separately I guess.
PMVector is part of Math-Core package and I just check with the dependancy analyzer that this package has no dependencies with other PM packages.

What did you implement in the Bloc's vector class ? BTW PMVector are multidimensional space objects.

There is one technical difficulty in that we would like the new world to only depend on Git to make it a better citizen for the new overall Pharo ecosystem. Is there a chance to get the code moved to GitHub any time soon?

​I would love to move the code to github !
I already try some months with the help of Peter but there was some issues at that time.
Maybe I should try again because the migration script has been enhanced recently by Peter.

​Thank you.​