blog archive oddness...

SeanTAllen
playing around again with pier.

new official image i downloaded a couple days ago...

playing around with the blog.
i can add new posts but they dont appear in the blog archive until
logged in,
i visit the blog archive ( environment/blogarchive )

what am i doing wrong?

Re: blog archive oddness...

NorbertHartl
On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 23:03 -0400, Sean Allen wrote:

> playing around again with pier.
>
> new official image i downloaded a couple days ago...
>
> playing around with the blog.
> i can add new posts but they dont appear in the blog archive until
> logged in,
> i visit the blog archive ( environment/blogarchive )
>
> what am i doing wrong?

Did you set a public date? Blog posts only show up if there
is one set.

Norbert

Re: blog archive oddness...

SeanTAllen

On May 23, 2009, at 2:21 AM, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 23:03 -0400, Sean Allen wrote:
>> playing around again with pier.
>>
>> new official image i downloaded a couple days ago...
>>
>> playing around with the blog.
>> i can add new posts but they dont appear in the blog archive until
>> logged in,
>> i visit the blog archive ( environment/blogarchive )
>>
>> what am i doing wrong?
>>
> Did you set a public date? Blog posts only show up if there
> is one set.

Publication date? Yes.

The blog entry is listed in the blog, it just doesnt show up in the
archive
until i visit environment/blogarchive

Re: blog archive oddness...

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

It could be because the blog archive refreshes only for a new session.
Did you try with a new session?

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 May 2009, at 14:06, Sean Allen wrote:

> On May 23, 2009, at 2:21 AM, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 23:03 -0400, Sean Allen wrote:
>>> playing around again with pier.
>>>
>>> new official image i downloaded a couple days ago...
>>>
>>> playing around with the blog.
>>> i can add new posts but they dont appear in the blog archive until
>>> logged in,
>>> i visit the blog archive ( environment/blogarchive )
>>>
>>> what am i doing wrong?
>>>
>> Did you set a public date? Blog posts only show up if there
>> is one set.
>
> Publication date? Yes.
>
> The blog entry is listed in the blog, it just doesnt show up in the
> archive
> until i visit environment/blogarchive

www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we'll know, we'll still value a chef."

On May 23, 2009, at 8:57 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It could be because the blog archive refreshes only for a new
> session. Did you try with a new session?

And that would be the answer. Seems very counter intuitive. How can I
get the blog archive to update
in the same session?

Re: blog archive oddness...

Lukas Renggli
> And that would be the answer. Seems very counter intuitive. How can I get the blog archive to update
> in the same session?

Building the blog archive, related posts, tag cloud, etc. is a
potentially expensive operation. Pier only calculates this information
once, and assumes that most people are visitors, not editors. For my
own use this scheme works perfectly well. If you think this is a bug,
please file an issue or commit a fix.

Cheers,
Lukas

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: blog archive oddness...

SeanTAllen

On May 23, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> And that would be the answer. Seems very counter intuitive. How can
>> I get the blog archive to update
>> in the same session?
>
> Building the blog archive, related posts, tag cloud, etc. is a
> potentially expensive operation. Pier only calculates this information
> once, and assumes that most people are visitors, not editors. For my
> own use this scheme works perfectly well. If you think this is a bug,
> please file an issue or commit a fix.

Given your explanation, any fix would seem to be worse than the issue
for
installations with large amounts of data.

Re: blog archive oddness...

cedreek
>> Building the blog archive, related posts, tag cloud, etc. is a
>> potentially expensive operation. Pier only calculates this information
>> once, and assumes that most people are visitors, not editors. For my
>> own use this scheme works perfectly well. If you think this is a bug,
>> please file an issue or commit a fix.
>
> Given your explanation, any fix would seem to be worse than the issue for
> installations with large amounts of data.

maybe a place for annoucements ?

--
Cédrick