blue ink - format on accept?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

Is there a way in Pharo 5 to turn on format on accept?

Thanks

Paul

Re: blue ink - format on accept?

Peter Uhnak
Only "format as you read" is available at the moment. (Which formats the methods without changing the source code, good for reading.)

But it shouldn't be that hard to implement… in AbstractTool>>compileANewMethodInClass:categorized:from:notifyng: or NautilusUI>>compileAMethodFromCategory:withSource:notifying:

Maybe we should add this for 6…

Peter

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

Is there a way in Pharo 5 to turn on format on accept?

Thanks

Paul

Re: blue ink - format on accept?

stepharo

Please

we did not add it because we were afraid that people do not want :)

But indeed I would like to have another button so that we can do format on accept.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 23:29, Peter Uhnák a écrit :
Only "format as you read" is available at the moment. (Which formats the methods without changing the source code, good for reading.)

But it shouldn't be that hard to implement… in AbstractTool>>compileANewMethodInClass:categorized:from:notifyng: or NautilusUI>>compileAMethodFromCategory:withSource:notifying:

Maybe we should add this for 6…

Peter

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

Is there a way in Pharo 5 to turn on format on accept?

Thanks

Paul

Re: blue ink - format on accept?

EstebanLM

On 14 May 2016, at 15:01, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Please

we did not add it because we were afraid that people do not want :)

people do not want (I don’t) :)

But indeed I would like to have another button so that we can do format on accept.

yes, a setting is how it should be.

Esteban

Le 14/5/16 à 15:11, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

On 14 May 2016, at 15:01, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Please

we did not add it because we were afraid that people do not want :)

people do not want (I don’t) :)

But indeed I would like to have another button so that we can do format on accept.

yes, a setting is how it should be.

Why we cannot have a button just besides the other one.

Stef

On 14 May 2016, at 15:01, stepharo <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

Please

we did not add it because we were afraid that people do not want :)

people do not want (I don’t) :)

But indeed I would like to have another button so that we can do format on accept.

yes, a setting is how it should be.

Why we cannot have a button just besides the other one.

Heh, I meant something that people can choose, not necessarily the settings framework…

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

Is there a way in Pharo 5 to turn on format on accept?

Thanks

Paul

Re: blue ink - format on accept?

Paul DeBruicker
And on the BlueInk side what would you do?

Peter Uhnak wrote
Only "format as you read" is available at the moment. (Which formats the
methods without changing the source code, good for reading.)

But it shouldn't be that hard to implement… in
AbstractTool>>compileANewMethodInClass:categorized:from:notifyng: or
NautilusUI>>compileAMethodFromCategory:withSource:notifying:

Maybe we should add this for 6…

Peter

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:52 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Is there a way in Pharo 5 to turn on format on accept?
>

> Thanks
>

> Paul

Re: blue ink - format on accept?

Peter Uhnak
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
And on the BlueInk side what would you do?

What do you mean? You need to change the behavior in the tools, not in BlueInk.

Peter