book - user comments

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am trying the book component in the latest Pier and I notice that the user comments component does not seem to appear anymore. Is there something I should do, or is this a bug?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: book - user comments

Tudor Girba-2
Hi again,

I think I was quite tired this afternoon :). The solution is to add the component Book Notes and embed it in the template.

Now, the problem is that the input box takes the focus by default. I guess this is the same bug as we used to have in the comments of the blog components. Can anyone remember how to fix that?

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Jun 2011, at 16:54, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying the book component in the latest Pier and I notice that the user comments component does not seem to appear anymore. Is there something I should do, or is this a bug?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: book - user comments

Johnny
Hello Doru,
It's in PRJavaScriptLibrary>>pierJs

    if (document.forms[0].parentNode.className != "leavecomment") {...}

Best,
John

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,

I think I was quite tired this afternoon :). The solution is to add the component Book Notes and embed it in the template.

Now, the problem is that the input box takes the focus by default. I guess this is the same bug as we used to have in the comments of the blog components. Can anyone remember how to fix that?

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Jun 2011, at 16:54, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying the book component in the latest Pier and I notice that the user comments component does not seem to appear anymore. Is there something I should do, or is this a bug?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

http://john-mckeon.us/seaside

Re: book - user comments

Tudor Girba-2
After a long time, thanks :).

To make it work properly with a book (not jump to the note form), I added:

                        if (document.forms[0].parentNode.className != "leavecomment" && document.forms[0].parentNode.className !="addnote") {

I hope that is Ok.

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 Jun 2011, at 04:31, Johnny wrote:

> Hello Doru,
> It's in PRJavaScriptLibrary>>pierJs
>
>     if (document.forms[0].parentNode.className != "leavecomment") {...}
>
> Best,
> John
>

> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I think I was quite tired this afternoon :). The solution is to add the component Book Notes and embed it in the template.
>
> Now, the problem is that the input box takes the focus by default. I guess this is the same bug as we used to have in the comments of the blog components. Can anyone remember how to fix that?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 19 Jun 2011, at 16:54, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying the book component in the latest Pier and I notice that the user comments component does not seem to appear anymore. Is there something I should do, or is this a bug?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

> http://john-mckeon.us/seaside

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: book - user comments

mzac
I think the easy solution is to add that specific book component on the template so that you are ensured that they would appear whatever would happen.

Then you would want to focus on which input boxes they lie as default as they have to appear in a sequential way or else they are not going to be displayed in an orderly form.

It really is good to be able to use such a component though you have to make sure to use the appropriate extra tools.