bug: [4993] Typing cmd+L cancel all typing and we can't undo it [Terminated]

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TxText status (was Re: bug: [4993] Typing cmd+L cancel all typing and we can't undo it [Terminated] )

kilon
sounds fun. I would love to see an undo system that does not make my head explode and do I dare say with some documentation included :D

If that will be the case then I will love to implement this feature into the undo history, so that everyone is happy. 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: TxText status (was Re: bug: [4993] Typing cmd+L cancel all typing and we can't undo it [Terminated] )

Stéphane Ducasse
read the design pattern smalltalk companion book
there is a undo/redo based on iterator and command.

On Oct 16, 2013, at 3:46 PM, dimitris chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

sounds fun. I would love to see an undo system that does not make my head explode and do I dare say with some documentation included :D

If that will be the case then I will love to implement this feature into the undo history, so that everyone is happy. 

Reply | Threaded
|

Ben Coman
In reply to this post by Stéphane Ducasse
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> - I want a way to get the complete history of pharo and even do senders/implementors in the past :)
>
>  
That would be very cool.

cheers -ben

Reply | Threaded
|

Goubier Thierry
In reply to this post by Stéphane Ducasse

Le 16/10/2013 14:00, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :

>
>>> thierry
>>>
>>> the one of alain is a simple do/undo now Epicea is a new changes model developed by martin and
>>> you raised a good point, we should look if Epicea could be used for RB undo.
>>
>> My point is: undo/redo is one API (Alain's), EPICEA would specialize that for code changes, and RB is also for code changes (is EPICEA able to represent RB operations?).
>
> We should check that.
>
>>
>> Also, would EPICEA come with a merge capability? It would beat any versionning system out there by providing better history understanding.
>
> This is exactly the goal of the phd of martin.
> - better supporting merging

Cool.

> - I want a way to get the complete history of pharo and even do senders/implementors in the past :)

This one is easy if you have a git repo below :) Partly implemented
already, Stef... Just waiting for the rest of the system to catch up.

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95