[call for help] Bugtracker

Marcus Denker-4

There is a bug tracker at

        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list

With currently 524 open bug reports.

With 1.2Core now being released, it would help *a lot* if people who submitted a report would
check that report in the loght of a released 1.2  and an actively developing 1.3...

        -> Has the bug already been fixed? Reports that are already fixed are just incredible wasteful.
        -> Does the submitted code need to be updated for 1.3?
        -> Did someone ask a question in the meantime?
        -> after a long discussion, wouldn't a sumary help to understand what the
             next action is?

*A lot* of the reports could really need some love from the person who submitted it orginally.

We should really think about some scheme to auto-close bug reports. E.g. if someone asks a question
and the original submitter thinks that it's not even worth to anwer "I don't know", then a bug report should
be closed after some generous amount of time (e.g. 6 Months), as it's definitly not important.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [call for help] Bugtracker

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is a bug tracker at

       http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list

With currently 524 open bug reports.

With 1.2Core now being released, it would help *a lot* if people who submitted a report would
check that report in the loght of a released 1.2  and an actively developing 1.3...

       -> Has the bug already been fixed? Reports that are already fixed are just incredible wasteful.
       -> Does the submitted code need to be updated for 1.3?
       -> Did someone ask a question in the meantime?
       -> after a long discussion, wouldn't a sumary help to understand what the
            next action is?

Marcus, once I wrote this:  http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking

but it seems people go directly to google code :(

On Mar 18, 2011, at 11:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

Marcus, once I wrote this:  http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking

but it seems people go directly to google code :(

It's not a problem to go directly and add a report... but it would be nice if people would
care more about the bug issues they reported. If it's important enough to report,
then it should be important enough to check the status once in a while... or just decided
that indeed, it was not important.

Marcus