call with scriptaculous

EstebanLM
Hi!
I wonder how to make a "call-answer" circuit with scriptaculous... is that possible?
(I'm trying to render the called component without render all the page)

Any idea?

Thanks
Esteban

--
"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.

Re: call with scriptaculous

Lukas Renggli
> I wonder how to make a "call-answer" circuit with scriptaculous... is that
> possible?
> (I'm trying to render the called component without render all the page)
>
> Any idea?

Not easily in 2.7, maybe something to come in the 2.8 ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: call with scriptaculous

EstebanLM
:(
May i help with that?... i really need it (but is not an urgency, yet)

On 3/27/07, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wonder how to make a "call-answer" circuit with scriptaculous... is that
> possible?
> (I'm trying to render the called component without render all the page)
>
> Any idea?

Not easily in 2.7, maybe something to come in the 2.8 ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.

Re: call with scriptaculous

Lukas Renggli
> May i help with that?... i really need it (but is not an urgency, yet)

The problems are fundamental ones, for example it is not easily
possible to identify the boundaries of a component on the client-side.
Then there are problems with backtracking and AJAX in general. Another
thing that I am currently working on is that the WASession references
state that is request specific.

Of course all these problems are resolvable, but they are tricky. I
already did the first step by splitting up #call: into different
methods. Maybe you have some ideas how you would like to integrate
this functionality?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli