calling an external page an getting a value from it

calling an external page an getting a value from it

cbeler
Hi

I'd like to call a web page that allow me to pick a position on a "GIS"
and get the value back from a seaside application. So I was wondering if
it's possible to call an external page (iframe+php) and waiting for a
request.

What I was thinking to do is to change the original php page so as that
after picking the place, a request with the variable I need is send to
the seaside server.

Does it seem feasable ? if not what you you do instead?

Thanks ;)

Cédrick

Re: calling an external page an getting a value from it

cbeler

> Does it seem feasable ? if not what you you do instead?

or maybe calling a seaside component that encapsulate a given web page.
And then I should be able to get the variables that are in the hidden
fields.

is it possible ? I've seen a integrated browser once but don't remember
where.

Re: calling an external page an getting a value from it

cbeler
last idea... ( I cannot test now and as I m leaving soon I cant answer
until tomorrow if someone respond) .

let's say my seaside adress at the moment of the external request is:
http://www.enit.fr/sup?_k=AdmpERfzs&_s=rFzpDSFzefSDzref

then I call the external map web page with:
www.cetir.net/carto.php?k=AdmpERfzs&s=rFzpDSFzefSDzref

after choosing a point and validating, the php page send the following
request:
www.enit.fr/sup?_k=AdmpERfzs&_s=rFzpDSFzefSDzref/a=1312312&b=1225486

Does it seems ok to you ? dont hesitate if you have any remarks or
idea... my knowledge on html are quite limited so. Also, how can I
ensure changes arent made on the seaside page ? ( self wait )

Thanks for all ;)

Cédrick

ps:  what is the _k and _s in the adress... I saw Marcus presentation ;)
but not sure I got it
As far as I've understood it's a id for the component ???
_s is corresponding to the session or continuation ?