can't find "create inst var accessors"

sergio t. ruiz

trying to find this in the browser .. doing the tutorial now..

but i can't seem to find that entry anywhere..

using the seaside one click image..

any ideas?

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

Lukas Renggli
refactor class -> accessors

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM, sergio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> trying to find this in the browser .. doing the tutorial now..
>
> but i can't seem to find that entry anywhere..
>

> using the seaside one click image..
>

> any ideas?
>
> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
> www.village-buzz.com

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

Peter Osburg-2
Simply do a right click (or ctrl + click respectively on Mac) go to
"refactor instance variable" then click on "accessors" and you can
choose your inst var to create the accessor for.

unfortunately you have to do it for every single variable (don't know
why it has been changed to do it over every instance var)

- Peter

On Oct 30, 2008, at 3:08 PM, Peter Osburg wrote:

> unfortunately you have to do it for every single variable (don't
> know why it has been changed to do it over every instance var)

yeah.. it almost seems quicker to do it by hand..

___

On Oct 30, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> refactor class -> accessors

ah!

thanks!

this does them all at once..

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

Peter Osburg-2
nice :)

sergio schrieb:

> On Oct 30, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> refactor class -> accessors
>

> ah!
>
> thanks!
>
> this does them all at once..
>

> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
> www.village-buzz.com

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

stephane ducasse
>> unfortunately you have to do it for every single variable (don't
>> know why it has been changed to do it over every instance var)
>
> yeah.. it almost seems quicker to do it by hand..

exact!
We need once a usability study for the Smalltalk interfaces in
general :)

Stef

> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
> www.village-buzz.com

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

Claus Kick
stephane ducasse wrote:
>>> unfortunately you have to do it for every single variable (don't
>>> know why it has been changed to do it over every instance var)
>>

>> yeah.. it almost seems quicker to do it by hand..
>

> exact!
> We need once a usability study for the Smalltalk interfaces in  general :)

It would be nice to have a fixed bunch of features of the IDE to be
available at the same place doing the same  thing for all dialects, but
I am dreaming probably :(

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

Marcin Tustin
May I suggest that you change it, and submit that to whoever the maintainers are (or put it in Pharo) if you have a problem with this.

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.village-buzz.com/" target="_blank">www.village-buzz.com

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside" target="_blank">http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside" target="_blank">http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

Michael Davies-2
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Peter Osburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Simply do a right click (or ctrl + click respectively on Mac) go to
> "refactor instance variable" then click on "accessors" and you can choose
> your inst var to create the accessor for.
>
> unfortunately you have to do it for every single variable (don't know why it
> has been changed to do it over every instance var)
>
> - Peter

I remember reading somewhere that this could be rationalised as a
'good thing', in that it makes you think a little more about what
access you're granting to the internal state of your class.

Re: can't find "create inst var accessors"

stephane ducasse
check the pharo menus (world for now).
This is step in that direction.

Stef