can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac

can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac

GreggInCA
I just can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac. I’ve tried a lot of stuff, more than I can list here. Here are some things I’ve tried:

* searching the Pharo by Example book
* turning off all Mac keyboard-macro programs
* switching from extended to standard US keyboard
* looking at options in System Preferences > Keyboard

I found some “unmapping option-key-plus-letter” solutions at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11876485/how-to-disable-typing-special-characters-when-pressing-option-key-in-mac-os-x?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa
…but yikes, that seems extreme!

If you’re on the Mac, do you have this problem? If so, what’s your solution? Thanks!

Re: can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - what shortcuts don’t work? On my MacBook Pro and also a Mac air with external keyboard they all seem to work fine? This is Pharo 6.1.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2 Jun 2018, at 19:11, Gregg Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac. I’ve tried a lot of stuff, more than I can list here. Here are some things I’ve tried:
>
> * searching the Pharo by Example book
> * turning off all Mac keyboard-macro programs
> * switching from extended to standard US keyboard
> * looking at options in System Preferences > Keyboard
>
> I found some “unmapping option-key-plus-letter” solutions at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11876485/how-to-disable-typing-special-characters-when-pressing-option-key-in-mac-os-x?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa
> …but yikes, that seems extreme!
>
> If you’re on the Mac, do you have this problem? If so, what’s your solution? Thanks!

Re: can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac

Ben Coman

On 3 June 2018 at 02:11, Gregg Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac. I’ve tried a lot of stuff, more than I can list here. Here are some things I’ve tried:

* searching the Pharo by Example book
* turning off all Mac keyboard-macro programs
* switching from extended to standard US keyboard
* looking at options in System Preferences > Keyboard

I found some “unmapping option-key-plus-letter” solutions at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11876485/how-to-disable-typing-special-characters-when-pressing-option-key-in-mac-os-x?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa
…but yikes, that seems extreme!

If you’re on the Mac, do you have this problem? If so, what’s your solution? Thanks!

I've not heard of this happening before.

Checking a specific example...
if you are looking at a method with text selected using the mouse,
you are unable to use CMD-X to cut it to the clipboard?

cheers -ben