can we have the pharo theme back please?

kmo

can we have the pharo theme back please?

kmo
The pharo theme seems to have been dropped from Pharo 3. I loved that theme. The first thing I always do is switch to the pharo theme. Is it still available somewhere? I really do not like the pharo 3 theme and the Watery and Vistary themes are no use on Linux.

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Making a theme work consistently is a huge amount of work. We have not finished
making one of them work. I’m in favor of finishing one theme before spending time
on other theme’s.

Stephan

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

Goubier Thierry

Le 10/04/2014 20:11, kmo a écrit :
> The pharo theme seems to have been dropped from Pharo 3. I loved that theme.
> The first thing I always do is switch to the pharo theme. Is it still
> available somewhere? I really do not like the pharo 3 theme and the Watery
> and Vistary themes are no use on Linux.

Same problems as yours, so I extracted the Pharo theme and put it
somewhere so that I could do the following:

Gofer new
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/ThierryGoubier/Alt30/main';
        package: 'UITheme-Pharo';
        load

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

Goubier Thierry
It's about not erasing a theme, not working on it.

However, if you consider we should be forced to use the Pharo3 theme so
that we have to fix it before being able to work in Pharo, then I
understand why the Pharo theme was removed :)

Thierry

--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

EstebanLM
Hi,

As exposed, the problem is that maintaining several themes is a lot of work.
So unless there are maintainers, our tendency will be always to reduce the amount of them in the image, and try to maintain one that fits most of our UI needs.
One of our concerns now, more than maintaining the themes, is to do steps to make theming easier (then others can do themes and maintain them outside the image).

Esteban

Le 11/04/2014 17:22, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> As exposed, the problem is that maintaining several themes is a lot of work.
> So unless there are maintainers, our tendency will be always to reduce the amount of them in the image, and try to maintain one that fits most of our UI needs.
> One of our concerns now, more than maintaining the themes, is to do steps to make theming easier (then others can do themes and maintain them outside the image).

Agreed with all arguments :)

Maybe we can consider having a UIThemes project in PharoExtras?

Thierry

kmo

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

kmo
Thierry - many thanks. I've got pharo theme back now.

Re: can we have the pharo theme back please?

Ben Coman
Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
It makes sense.

Hilaire

Le 11/04/2014 17:28, Goubier Thierry a écrit :

Maybe we can consider having a UIThemes project in PharoExtras?

+1
Plus something in the Configuration Browser would be cool.
Minimising the themes in the Release makes it less work to Release, and allows for the themes to evolve (and fix) after the Release.

cheers -ben