can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi jannik

I think that this is important that we can get a generic DSM engine.
The project around papyrus is really interesting as a test bed to stress the DSM API.
What is the status so far?

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

jannik laval

On Jul 6, 2011, at 10:49 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi jannik
>
> I think that this is important that we can get a generic DSM engine.

yes, it is :)

> The project around papyrus is really interesting as a test bed to stress the DSM API.
> What is the status so far?

It works.
Soon, I will write a small document to explain how it works.

But you have to write two methods:
- one in your plugin, named configurationOfCell that redirect to a method in DSMCell named configurationForEclipsePlugin.
This configuration is the build of links between plugins.

Cheers,
Jannik

> Stef

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

Nicolas Anquetil

> But you have to write two methods:
> - one in your plugin, named configurationOfCell that redirect to a
> method in DSMCell named configurationForEclipsePlugin.
> This configuration is the build of links between plugins.

"in your plugin" ???
In the Eclipse plugins ?
I don't understand ...

nicolas

On Jul 6, 2011, at 15:08 , Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

>> But you have to write two methods:
>> - one in your plugin, named configurationOfCell that redirect to a
>> method in DSMCell named configurationForEclipsePlugin.
>> This configuration is the build of links between plugins.
>
> "in your plugin" ???
> In the Eclipse plugins ?
> I don't understand ...

it is a method in FamixEclipsePlugin

Jannik

> nicolas

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

Nicolas Anquetil

> >> But you have to write two methods:
> >> - one in your plugin, named configurationOfCell that redirect to a
> >> method in DSMCell named configurationForEclipsePlugin.
> >> This configuration is the build of links between plugins.
> >
> > "in your plugin" ???
> > In the Eclipse plugins ?
> > I don't understand ...
>
> it is a method in FamixEclipsePlugin

so it is already implemented, no?
so "you" (meaning us not you :-) ) don't have to write it, no?

nicolas

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

Tudor Girba-2
Wait. What do you mean that I have to implement methods in my domain classes to use DSM. There was a way to build the matrix by mapping my domain entities with blocks.

Why don't you use that route? Is that not doable anymore? It should be.

Doru

On 6 Jul 2011, at 14:33, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

>>> "in your plugin" ???
>>> In the Eclipse plugins ?
>>> I don't understand ...
>>
>> it is a method in FamixEclipsePlugin
>
> so it is already implemented, no?
> so "you" (meaning us not you :-) ) don't have to write it, no?
>
> nicolas

www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

On Jul 6, 2011, at 15:33 , Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

>>> "in your plugin" ???
>>> In the Eclipse plugins ?
>>> I don't understand ...
>>
>> it is a method in FamixEclipsePlugin
>
> so it is already implemented, no?
> so "you" (meaning us not you :-) ) don't have to write it, no?

yes it is us. It is the process to extend DSM.
Now, for plugins, all is done.

Jannik

> nicolas

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

jannik laval
You are right Doru.
There is a simple process to build a simple DSM.

The use of configuration is for all DSM and CycleTable.
Now, all the DSM (simple and more complex ones) and CycleTable are working.

Jannik

On Jul 6, 2011, at 15:42 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Wait. What do you mean that I have to implement methods in my domain classes to use DSM. There was a way to build the matrix by mapping my domain entities with blocks.
>
> Why don't you use that route? Is that not doable anymore? It should be.
>
> Doru

>>> it is a method in FamixEclipsePlugin
>>
>> so it is already implemented, no?
>> so "you" (meaning us not you :-) ) don't have to write it, no?
>>
>> nicolas

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Jannik,

I am not sure I understand: what is working? :)

Could you be more explicit?

Cheers,
Doru

On 6 Jul 2011, at 14:49, jannik.laval wrote:

> You are right Doru.
> There is a simple process to build a simple DSM.
>
> The use of configuration is for all DSM and CycleTable.
> Now, all the DSM (simple and more complex ones) and CycleTable are working.
>
> Jannik
>
> On Jul 6, 2011, at 15:42 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Wait. What do you mean that I have to implement methods in my domain classes to use DSM. There was a way to build the matrix by mapping my domain entities with blocks.
>>
>> Why don't you use that route? Is that not doable anymore? It should be.
>>
>> Doru

>>> so it is already implemented, no?
>>> so "you" (meaning us not you :-) ) don't have to write it, no?
>>>
>>> nicolas
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: can we now have a DSM but based on plugin?

jannik laval
eDSM is composed of multiple visualizations:
(a) one only with gray cells
(b) one with colored cells
(c) one colored with number of dependencies inside
(d) one with enriched cells.

The (a) and (b) can work with a node-edge graph.
The (c) and (d) needs more information that are provided in configuration.

These four DSMs work fine with plugins.
As CycleTable use the same API, it is working too.

Cheers,
Jannik