classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

can you tell us on the slugginess of pharo for Kinect

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi ricardo

you mentioned that pharo is really slow for using kinect and can you tell us more?

TX
Stef
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: can you tell us on the slugginess of pharo for Kinect

Ricardo Moran
Yes, the problem was that WorldState>>#runStepMethodsIn: processed only 1 deferred UI message per cycle, which made the kinect server update really slow because I wrapped all ui changes inside a WorldState>>#addDeferredUIMessage:.

I added the issue 3562 with a proposed fix I took from the Etoys image. I now realize I didn't mentioned the connection with Kinect in the issue description... my bad. The issue is closed now so it seems the fix was accepted :)

Cheers!
Richo

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ricardo

you mentioned that pharo is really slow for using kinect and can you tell us more?

TX
Stef

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: can you tell us on the slugginess of pharo for Kinect

Stéphane Ducasse

On Feb 7, 2011, at 4:03 AM, Ricardo Moran wrote:

> Yes, the problem was that WorldState>>#runStepMethodsIn: processed only 1 deferred UI message per cycle, which made the kinect server update really slow because I wrapped all ui changes inside a WorldState>>#addDeferredUIMessage:.
>
> I added the issue 3562 with a proposed fix I took from the Etoys image. I now realize I didn't mentioned the connection with Kinect in the issue description... my bad. The issue is closed now so it seems the fix was accepted :)

Yes it was :)
Do not hesitate to send us bug report. We want pharo to be also a platform for robotics.

BTW could you sign (may be you already did it)  the license agreement of pharo?
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/LicenseAgreement

>
> Cheers!
> Richo
>
> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi ricardo
>
> you mentioned that pharo is really slow for using kinect and can you tell us more?
>
> TX
> Stef
>