canc/del closes windows

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hi Guys,
Is it only me that sometimes hitting canc/del closes the current window?

It's really annoying, I'm on a mac and I guess it's related to cmd button
because if I click the cmd button afterward, it disappears (until next
time).

I tried also on several macs but the result is the same.

TIA
Davide

Re: canc/del closes windows

Ben Coman
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Davide Varvello via Pharo-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Hi David, I haven't used Pharo on a mac for a while, but I don't
remember experiencing this, though I can't quite picture your
scenario.  Could you provide a screen snapshot?  When you say "it"
disappears, could you clarify what "it" is?

cheers -ben

Re: canc/del closes windows

Davide Varvello
Hi Ben,

With "it disappears" I intend that weird behaviour. It happens sometimes, I can't show you a screenshot because it's random.

Usually, I'm on a system browser or on a playground and I hit the delete key and the window closes itself.
If I'm lucky and I have just written something without saving and I click on the delete key, it appears the alert window: "Code has been modified. What do you want to do?", so I close the alert, click the cmd key and then I can click the delete key to cancel my writings.

Davide

Ben Coman wrote
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

cheers -ben

Re: canc/del closes windows

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hi Ben,

With "it disappears" I intend that weird behaviour. It happens sometimes, I
can't show you a screenshot because it's random.

Usually, I'm on a system browser or on a playground and I hit the delete key
and the window closes itself.
If I'm lucky and I have just written something without saving and I click on
the delete key, it appears the alert window: "Code has been modified. What
do you want to do?", so I close the alert, click the cmd key and then I can
click the delete key to cancel my writings.

Davide

Ben Coman wrote
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Davide Varvello via Pharo-dev
> &lt;

> pharo-dev@.pharo

Re: canc/del closes windows

Ben Coman
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Davide Varvello via Pharo-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Sorry nothing comes to mind.
btw, What version and VM are you on?
   World > System > System Reporter...

cheers -ben

Re: canc/del closes windows

Davide Varvello
Image
-----

Pharo4.0
Latest update: #40609
Unnamed

Virtual Machine
---------------
/Users/.../Pharo4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo
NBCoInterpreter NativeBoost-CogPlugin-HolgerHansPeterFreyther.21 uuid: e0df6e2d-5694-40e2-8035-dc217200b424 Sep 25 2014
NBCogit NativeBoost-CogPlugin-HolgerHansPeterFreyther.21 uuid: e0df6e2d-5694-40e2-8035-dc217200b424 Sep 25 2014
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git Commit: 81b5d19917dcb78f22482a780deec48c53738396 Date: 2014-09-20 14:36:18 +0200 By: Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm@gmail.com> Jenkins build #14858

Mac Cocoa Cog 5.8b12 21-Sep-10 >1B0534FA-246C-47C5-AB29-7A76C81CCDCB<
VMMaker versionString https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git Commit: 81b5d19917dcb78f22482a780deec48c53738396 Date: 2014-09-20 14:36:18 +0200 By: Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm@gmail.com> Jenkins build #14858

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

cheers -ben

Re: canc/del closes windows

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Image
-----

Pharo4.0
Latest update: #40609
Unnamed

Virtual Machine
---------------
/Users/.../Pharo4.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo
NBCoInterpreter NativeBoost-CogPlugin-HolgerHansPeterFreyther.21 uuid:
e0df6e2d-5694-40e2-8035-dc217200b424 Sep 25 2014
NBCogit NativeBoost-CogPlugin-HolgerHansPeterFreyther.21 uuid:
e0df6e2d-5694-40e2-8035-dc217200b424 Sep 25 2014
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git Commit:
81b5d19917dcb78f22482a780deec48c53738396 Date: 2014-09-20 14:36:18 +0200 By:
Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> Jenkins build #14858

Mac Cocoa Cog 5.8b12 21-Sep-10 >1B0534FA-246C-47C5-AB29-7A76C81CCDCB<
VMMaker versionString https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git Commit:
81b5d19917dcb78f22482a780deec48c53738396 Date: 2014-09-20 14:36:18 +0200 By:
Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> Jenkins build #14858
NBCoInterpreter NativeBoost-CogPlugin-HolgerHansPeterFreyther.21 uuid:
e0df6e2d-5694-40e2-8035-dc217200b424 Sep 25 2014
NBCogit NativeBoost-CogPlugin-HolgerHansPeterFreyther.21 uuid:
e0df6e2d-5694-40e2-8035-dc217200b424 Sep 25 2014

Ben Coman wrote
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Davide Varvello via Pharo-dev
> &lt;

> pharo-dev@.pharo

Re: canc/del closes windows

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Davide & Ben,

I've seen this while using an external keyboard, on a Mac Air laptop (10.11.4 right now), using Pharo 4.  The mac laptop has a key marked 'Delete' which is in the 'backspace' location .e.g two keys above enter/return, it doesn't happen with that key.  It happens with the Del key above the number pad on the external apple keyboard I sometimes use.  I think I've also seen it with a Dell keyboard and can try it with other external keyboards tomorrow.

Its annoying for sure when it surprises you.

Paul

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list wrote
Hi Guys,
Is it only me that sometimes hitting canc/del closes the current window?

It's really annoying, I'm on a mac and I guess it's related to cmd button
because if I click the cmd button afterward, it disappears (until next
time).

I tried also on several macs but the result is the same.

TIA
Davide

Re: canc/del closes windows

Davide Varvello
Paul,
I'm on an iMac, the keyboard is the standard wired one.
here is the guilty key :-) http://imgur.com/xp8mRtI

Davide

Paul DeBruicker wrote
Hi Davide & Ben,

I've seen this while using an external keyboard, on a Mac Air laptop (10.11.4 right now), using Pharo 4.  The mac laptop has a key marked 'Delete' which is in the 'backspace' location .e.g two keys above enter/return, it doesn't happen with that key.  It happens with the Del key above the number pad on the external apple keyboard I sometimes use.  I think I've also seen it with a Dell keyboard and can try it with other external keyboards tomorrow.

Its annoying for sure when it surprises you.

Paul

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list wrote
Hi Guys,
Is it only me that sometimes hitting canc/del closes the current window?

It's really annoying, I'm on a mac and I guess it's related to cmd button
because if I click the cmd button afterward, it disappears (until next
time).

I tried also on several macs but the result is the same.

TIA
Davide

Re: canc/del closes windows

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Paul,
I'm on an iMac, the keyboard is the standard wired one.
here is the guilty key :-) http://imgur.com/xp8mRtI

Davide

Paul DeBruicker wrote

> Hi Davide & Ben,
>
> I've seen this while using an external keyboard, on a Mac Air laptop
> (10.11.4 right now), using Pharo 4.  The mac laptop has a key marked
> 'Delete' which is in the 'backspace' location .e.g two keys above
> enter/return, it doesn't happen with that key.  It happens with the Del
> key above the number pad on the external apple keyboard I sometimes use.
> I think I've also seen it with a Dell keyboard and can try it with other
> external keyboards tomorrow.
>

> Its annoying for sure when it surprises you.
>

> Paul
>

> Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list wrote
>> Hi Guys,
>> Is it only me that sometimes hitting canc/del closes the current window?
>>
>> It's really annoying, I'm on a mac and I guess it's related to cmd button
>> because if I click the cmd button afterward, it disappears (until next
>> time).
>>
>> I tried also on several macs but the result is the same.
>>
>> TIA
>> Davide
>>

>> --
>> Nabble.com.

Re: canc/del closes windows

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
That key does not close any windows for me in 4.0 or 5.0 on Mac OS X ...