catalog seems down?

Stephane Ducasse-3

Re: catalog seems down?

EstebanLM
is online now.
but see that *it could* have been offline for a short period of time… I added an auto-restart job that checks catalog status each hour, so it may happen that it was down during some time.

Esteban

Re: catalog seems down?

NorbertHartl
Esteban,

this sounds as the catalog will be generated on each request. This is architectural asking for problems.
The catalog is updated once per day. At that time the response content of the catalog should be written to a file. The file can be served from a frontend web server. This way it is very reliable and can scale easily to 100 requests/s or more.

Norbert

> Am 24.09.2017 um 10:07 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:
>
> is online now.
> but see that *it could* have been offline for a short period of time… I added an auto-restart job that checks catalog status each hour, so it may happen that it was down during some time.
>
> Esteban

Re: catalog seems down?

EstebanLM

> On 24 Sep 2017, at 10:48, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Esteban,
>
> this sounds as the catalog will be generated on each request. This is architectural asking for problems.
> The catalog is updated once per day. At that time the response content of the catalog should be written to a file. The file can be served from a frontend web server. This way it is very reliable and can scale easily to 100 requests/s or more.

all that is true.
but catalog was a temporal solution that became not so temporal.
I’m still waiting to kill it… and I do not want to spend much time on it :)

Esteban