"chaining" single select?

EstebanLM
Hi all,
I need to "chain" two select options. I mean: when user choose some
option in combo A, it allows some options in combo B.
Somebody has already done this in magritte?
If not, any clue of where to start?

Thanks,
Esteban

Re: "chaining" single select?

Lukas Renggli-2
Hi Esteban,

> I need to "chain" two select options. I mean: when user choose some
> option in combo A, it allows some options in combo B.
> Somebody has already done this in magritte?
> If not, any clue of where to start?

Magritte-Seaside does not automatically support this scenario. There
are several possibilities to get the desired behavior though:

- Keith's work on Magritte-Scriptaculous provides this functionality
out of the box, as far as I know.

- If you don't want to use AJAX you could write your own view. This
means you write a Seaside component that renders the two combo boxes
and knows about their interaction. Then you assign this component as a
Seaside view of the description #componentClass:.

- A long time ago (when there was no AJAX) I wrote a
NestedOptionsDescription and an associated view. I don't remember if
that was part of Magritte or a commercial project. I don't know why it
is gone. If this is what you need, I can try to dig it out for you ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: "chaining" single select?

EstebanLM
Thanks, Lukas
I will check Keith's magrite-scriptaculous

Cheers,
Esteban