change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Paul DeBruicker
Which method should I change if when browsing senders/implementors there is only one sender or implementor I'd like the Nautilus browser to open?

thanks

Paul

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Henrik Nergaard
SystemNavigation>>#browseMessageList:name:autoSelect:refreshingBlock:

Adding: "methods size = 1 ifTrue: [ ^ methods anyOne browse ]." At line 10 should do the trick I think.

Best regards,
Henrik

Which method should I change if when browsing senders/implementors there is only one sender or implementor I'd like the Nautilus browser to open?

thanks

Paul

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:26 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
Which method should I change if when browsing senders/implementors there is only one sender or implementor I'd like the Nautilus browser to open?

+999999999

I would also love this!!!!

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Peter Uhnak
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 03:00:01PM +0200, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> It was like that in some Pharo version

Only shortly, because people preferred consistency over convenience, so it was changed back.
(Note that there is no correct answer here.)

Peter

> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:26 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Which method should I change if when browsing senders/implementors there
> >> is only one sender or implementor I'd like the Nautilus browser to open?
> >>

> > +999999999
> >
> > I would also love this!!!!
> >

> > --
> > Mariano
> > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

CyrilFerlicot

On 20/07/2016 16:47, Peter Uhnak wrote:
> Only shortly, because people preferred consistency over convenience, so it was changed back.
> (Note that there is no correct answer here.)

The correct answer could be the third: make it into a setting :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Thierry Goubier

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 03:00:01PM +0200, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> It was like that in some Pharo version

Only shortly, because people preferred consistency over convenience, so it was changed back.
(Note that there is no correct answer here.)

There is one correct answer according to you then:

- A browser able to show a list of implementors / senders.

Can be done with RB environments and Nautilus scoping, probably.

Thierry

Peter

> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:26 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Which method should I change if when browsing senders/implementors there
> >> is only one sender or implementor I'd like the Nautilus browser to open?
> >>

> > +999999999
> >
> > I would also love this!!!!
> >

> > --
> > Mariano
> > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Thierry,

The reason I want the change for myself is that most of the time I want to be in a browser where I can right click on code and have a refactoring menu pop up.

Does your message flow browser support that?

I haven't looked at it and don't often remember it exists.

Paul

Thierry Goubier wrote

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 03:00:01PM +0200, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> > It was like that in some Pharo version
>
> Only shortly, because people preferred consistency over convenience, so it
> was changed back.
> (Note that there is no correct answer here.)

There is one correct answer according to you then:

- A browser able to show a list of implementors / senders.

Can be done with RB environments and Nautilus scoping, probably.

Thierry

> Peter

> there
> open?
> > >>

> > > +999999999
> > >
> > > I would also love this!!!!
> > >

> > > --
> > > Mariano
> > > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Thierry Goubier
Hi Paul,

Le 20/07/2016 17:34, Paul DeBruicker a écrit :
> Hi Thierry,
>

> The reason I want the change for myself is that most of the time I want to
> be in a browser where I can right click on code and have a refactoring menu
> pop up.

This is exactly what I expect, too. So I implemented it.

> Does your message flow browser support that?

The Alt browser? Yes, it takes over the message list and replaces it
with a system browser scoped to the implementors/senders results (any
search, even finder results, are handled).

You loose some of the features of the usual message list(*) and you gain
the browser features instead: per package / class classification,
browser menu and workflow.

The funiest is scoping over scoping: a search from a search result apply
the search only to the result, not to the whole system.

> I haven't looked at it and don't often remember it exists.

There is also the flow browser which present an interesting view on
those search and code activities.

Thierry

(*) The message list is dynamic: compiling a new method matching the
message list original query adds it to the message list. The AltBrowser
variant is static and does not take in account those changes.

> Paul
>

> Thierry Goubier wrote
>
>> i.uhnak@
>
>> &gt;:

>>> Only shortly, because people preferred consistency over convenience, so
>>> it
>>> was changed back.
>>> (Note that there is no correct answer here.)
>>>

>> There is one correct answer according to you then:
>>
>> - A browser able to show a list of implementors / senders.
>>
>> Can be done with RB environments and Nautilus scoping, probably.
>>
>> Thierry
>>

>>> Peter

>> marianopeck@
>
>> &gt;:

>> pdebruic@
>
>> &gt;

>>> there
>>> open?

Re: change which browser opens when browsing senders/implementors

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 20/07/16 16:53, Cyril Ferlicot Delbecque wrote:
> The correct answer could be the third: make it into a setting :)

Nah, that would always be the wrong answer :)

Stephan