changing font size

Ralph Boland
If I were to give a presentation in which I ran Squeak displayed on an overhead
project then it would be useful to increase the font size of all text
in all windows
so that it would be easier for the audience to see.
Doing this would also be useful for people with poor eyesight who might prefer
larger text.
I'm guessing that this would be hard to do though because all the windows
would need to be individually changed.
Am I right or is there an easy way to do this?

Regards,

Ralph Boland

--
Quantum Theory cannot save us from the tyranny of a deterministic universe
but it does give God something to do

Re: changing font size

dcorking
Ralph Boland wrote:
> If I were to give a presentation in which I ran Squeak displayed on an overhead
> project then it would be useful to increase the font size of all text
> in all windows
> so that it would be easier for the audience to see.
> Doing this would also be useful for people with poor eyesight who might prefer
> larger text.
> I'm guessing that this would be hard to do though because all the windows
> would need to be individually changed.
> Am I right or is there an easy way to do this?

This tip gives a menu with most of the fonts you need to change:
http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/study/courses/OMP/public/software/sqcdrom2/Squeak_Swiki/760.html

Re: changing font size

Michael Davies-2

On 6 May 2010 15:52, Ralph Boland <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I were to give a presentation in which I ran Squeak displayed on an overhead
project then it would be useful to increase the font size of all text
in all windows
so that it would be easier for the audience to see.
Doing this would also be useful for people with poor eyesight who might prefer
larger text.
I'm guessing that this would be hard to do though because all the windows
would need to be individually changed.
Am I right or is there an easy way to do this?

Regards,

Ralph Boland

--
Quantum Theory cannot save us from the tyranny of a deterministic universe
but it does give God something to do

Hi Ralph,

It's not clear from your question whether you're aware of 'demo mode' on the fonts menu. It does part of what you want - it does change the font sizes, but these changes apply only to new windows (though they are applied dynamically to the menu bar, which is nice).

Cheers, Michael

Re: changing font size

K. K. Subramaniam
On Thursday 06 May 2010 07:22:07 pm Ralph Boland wrote:
> If I were to give a presentation in which I ran Squeak displayed on an
> overhead project then it would be useful to increase the font size of all
> text in all windows
If you are doing a presentation to a large audience it would be better to
create large font slides from the start (say in a Book). For highlighting
portions of existing windows or icons, I would use magnifier or round glass
from catalog->useful category.

HTH .. Subbu