children component rendering without children

children component rendering without children

Hilaire Fernandes-4

RE: children component rendering without children

Sebastian Sastre-2
hi Hilarie,
1. a parent not knowing a children
2. know the children but don't know how the children behaves and/or don't
interact with it.
which case is your case?
sebastian

RE: Re: children component rendering without children

Sebastian Sastre-2
then seriously, why it is (or has to be) the parent of that children?

Lukas Renggli
> More like case 1.

How is that possible? :-)

At some point a parent must initiate the rendering of its children,
otherwise that child will never be visible. So how can a parent not
know its children?

Note that you can always display renderable objects (presenters in
Seaside 2.9) without declaring them as children. Only components are
required to be declared.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: children component rendering without children

Hilaire Fernandes-4

Re: children component rendering without children

hernanmd
Hilaire,
  In SmallFaces we do not use #children anymore, take a look here http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6088
Cheers