#children vs. #childrenDo:

Sophie424
I noticed that
    WAComponent>>children is only called by
    WAComponent>>childrenDo: aBlock

Instead of defining #children for my component, is it OK to just re-define
#childrenDo: ? Is this a private API, or OK for a component to use?

Thanks - Sophie

Re: #children vs. #childrenDo:

Randal L. Schwartz

itsme213> I noticed that
WAComponent> children is only called by
WAComponent> childrenDo: aBlock

itsme213> Instead of defining #children for my component, is it OK to just re-define
itsme213> #childrenDo: ? Is this a private API, or OK for a component to use?

Perhaps you're not using Magritte.  Magritte calls children *all over the
place*.

However, you're free to do whatever works *for you*.  That's the fun
of open source. :)

Re: #children vs. #childrenDo:

Lukas Renggli
> Perhaps you're not using Magritte.  Magritte calls children *all over the
> place*.

These are different children.

> Instead of defining #children for my component, is it OK to just re-define
? #childrenDo: ? Is this a private API, or OK for a component to use?

I would just stick with #children, as it is documented in WAComponent.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch