chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

Arturo Zambrano
Hi All,
 I'm  replacing a deprecated call by this:
UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview:.

The returned fileRefence does not point the actual file selected by the user (if the file was chosen navigating to other directories than the default).
For example:

UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:'Title' extensions:#('pdf') path: './' preview: nil

image.png

Inspect the result:
image.png

It seems to be a bug, or maybe there  is any other way to call the dialog.

Any pointer is welcome.

TIA

Re: chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I confirm that this does indeed seem to be a problem, weird.

> On 11 Dec 2018, at 16:53, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>  I'm  replacing a deprecated call by this:
> UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview:.
>
> The returned fileRefence does not point the actual file selected by the user (if the file was chosen navigating to other directories than the default).
> For example:
>
> UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:'Title' extensions:#('pdf') path: './' preview: nil
>
> <image.png>
>
> Inspect the result:
> <image.png>
>

> It seems to be a bug, or maybe there  is any other way to call the dialog.
>
> Any pointer is welcome.
>
> TIA

Re: chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

Arturo Zambrano
 Should I report a bug? If so please send me the link to thw issue tracker

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018, 13:05 Sven Van Caekenberghe, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I confirm that this does indeed seem to be a problem, weird.

> On 11 Dec 2018, at 16:53, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>  I'm  replacing a deprecated call by this:
> UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview:.
>
> The returned fileRefence does not point the actual file selected by the user (if the file was chosen navigating to other directories than the default).
> For example:
>
> UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:'Title' extensions:#('pdf') path: './' preview: nil
>
> <image.png>
>
> Inspect the result:
> <image.png>
>

> It seems to be a bug, or maybe there  is any other way to call the dialog.
>
> Any pointer is welcome.
>
> TIA

Re: chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

Ben Coman
https://pharo.fogbugz.com

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 01:54, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Should I report a bug? If so please send me the link to thw issue tracker

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018, 13:05 Sven Van Caekenberghe, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I confirm that this does indeed seem to be a problem, weird.

> On 11 Dec 2018, at 16:53, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>  I'm  replacing a deprecated call by this:
> UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview:.
>
> The returned fileRefence does not point the actual file selected by the user (if the file was chosen navigating to other directories than the default).
> For example:
>
> UIManager default chooseExistingFileReference:'Title' extensions:#('pdf') path: './' preview: nil
>
> <image.png>
>
> Inspect the result:
> <image.png>
>

> It seems to be a bug, or maybe there  is any other way to call the dialog.
>
> Any pointer is welcome.
>
> TIA

Re: chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

Guillermo Polito
Hi all,

And proposed a single-line fix: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/2075

I've tested those scenarios and it was working but some more testing would not hurt :)
Guille

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: chooseExistingFileReference:extensions:path:preview returning wrong FileReference?

Arturo Zambrano
Thanks I have tested it, and it is working in the case I was using when I reported the problem.