christmas coding parties?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

I would like to organize a couple of coding parties around christmas.
The 18 of december? is one possibility (even if I can only start at 11h).
So if some of you are close to lille during holidays we could have fun coding
together.

I would like to organize a moose day too. I want to code what I have in mind
with CAnalyzer and mondrian.

Re: christmas coding parties?

Mariano Martinez Peck
why not?   If skype is reachable from where we are, I have no problem :)

Ahh the time ;)  Take into consideration the difference between your time and our.

Best,

Mariano

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a means of joining via Skype and/or IRC?

Em 04/12/2009 09:57, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:

Hi all

I would like to organize a couple of coding parties around christmas.
The 18 of december? is one possibility (even if I can only start at 11h).
So if some of you are close to lille during holidays we could have fun coding
together.

I would like to organize a moose day too. I want to code what I have in mind
with CAnalyzer and mondrian.

Re: christmas coding parties?

csrabak
I expect you folks make the scheduling invitation giving the time in UTC, so I can
check my availability ;-)

Em 04/12/2009 17:21, Mariano Martinez Peck < [hidden email] > escreveu:

why not?   If skype is reachable from where we are, I have no problem :)

Ahh the time ;)  Take into consideration the difference between your time and our.

Best,

Mariano

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there a means of joining via Skype and/or IRC?

 Em 04/12/2009 09:57, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:

 Hi all

 I would like to organize a couple of coding parties around christmas.
 The 18 of december? is one possibility (even if I can only start at 11h).
 So if some of you are close to lille during holidays we could have fun coding
 together.

 I would like to organize a moose day too. I want to code what I have in mind
 with CAnalyzer and mondrian.

Re: christmas coding parties?

Lukas Renggli
I would be in for an online-video-screensharing-pairprogramming-coding-party :-)

Lukas

2009/12/4  <[hidden email]>:

> I expect you folks make the scheduling invitation giving the time in UTC, so I can
> check my availability ;-)
>

> Em 04/12/2009 17:21, Mariano Martinez Peck < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>

> why not?   If skype is reachable from where we are, I have no problem :)
>
> Ahh the time ;)  Take into consideration the difference between your time and our.
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano
>

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a means of joining via Skype and/or IRC?
>

>  Em 04/12/2009 09:57, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>

>  Hi all
>
>  I would like to organize a couple of coding parties around christmas.
>  The 18 of december? is one possibility (even if I can only start at 11h).
>  So if some of you are close to lille during holidays we could have fun coding
>  together.
>
>  I would like to organize a moose day too. I want to code what I have in mind
>  with CAnalyzer and mondrian.
>
>  Stef

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: christmas coding parties?

SergeStinckwich
You already try ?

2009/12/5 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> I would be in for an online-video-screensharing-pairprogramming-coding-party :-)
>
> Lukas
>
> 2009/12/4  <[hidden email]>:
>> I expect you folks make the scheduling invitation giving the time in UTC, so I can
>> check my availability ;-)
>>

>> Em 04/12/2009 17:21, Mariano Martinez Peck < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>>

>> why not?   If skype is reachable from where we are, I have no problem :)
>>
>> Ahh the time ;)  Take into consideration the difference between your time and our.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a means of joining via Skype and/or IRC?
>>

>>  Em 04/12/2009 09:57, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>>

>>  Hi all
>>
>>  I would like to organize a couple of coding parties around christmas.
>>  The 18 of december? is one possibility (even if I can only start at 11h).
>>  So if some of you are close to lille during holidays we could have fun coding
>>  together.
>>
>>  I would like to organize a moose day too. I want to code what I have in mind
>>  with CAnalyzer and mondrian.
>>
>>  Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: christmas coding parties?

Lukas Renggli
> You already try ?

Yes, I even blogged about it:

   <http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming>

We used IRC for communication, but probably Skype audio/video would be
better for that. I don't know if Skype can also do screen-sharing?
Some all-in-one solution would probably be the easiest.

Using a RFB/VNC server in Pharo is very cool and works well,
especially the fact that you don't share your whole screen but just
the Pharo window. It is not trivial to setup though, and certainly
requires some work to get everything running smoothly.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: christmas coding parties?

SergeStinckwich
2009/12/5 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

>> You already try ?
>
> Yes, I even blogged about it:
>
>   <http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming>
>
> We used IRC for communication, but probably Skype audio/video would be
> better for that. I don't know if Skype can also do screen-sharing?
> Some all-in-one solution would probably be the easiest.
>
> Using a RFB/VNC server in Pharo is very cool and works well,
> especially the fact that you don't share your whole screen but just
> the Pharo window. It is not trivial to setup though, and certainly
> requires some work to get everything running smoothly.

Looks interesting, i would like to participate once in order to see if
it works or not ;-)
Yes, maybe a predefined setup could help us using this kind of tools.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/12/5 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>> You already try ?
>
> Yes, I even blogged about it:
>
>   <http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming>
>
> We used IRC for communication, but probably Skype audio/video would be
> better for that. I don't know if Skype can also do screen-sharing?
> Some all-in-one solution would probably be the easiest.
>
> Using a RFB/VNC server in Pharo is very cool and works well,
> especially the fact that you don't share your whole screen but just
> the Pharo window. It is not trivial to setup though, and certainly
> requires some work to get everything running smoothly.

Looks interesting, i would like to participate once in order to see if
it works or not ;-)
Yes, maybe a predefined setup could help us using this kind of tools.

Yes, I also tought about RFB/VNC but how do to redirect the port?  There will be a router for sure and even maybe a proxy...so, redirecting the prt 5900 or whatever to a certain pc will be maybe impossible to do it.

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: christmas coding parties?

Lukas Renggli
> Yes, I also tought about RFB/VNC but how do to redirect the port?  There
> will be a router for sure and even maybe a proxy...so, redirecting the prt
> 5900 or whatever to a certain pc will be maybe impossible to do it.

That's why we ran the image on a server somewhere else and not on
somebodies machine. It would have been too slow if two other people
connected through my slow connection on my local RFB/VNC server.
Furthermore RFB/VNC is typically used through an SSH tunnel, because
RFB/VNC does not provide a security protocol.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: christmas coding parties?

ok we should pick some dates.
mariano can you launch a doodle?

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok we should pick some dates.
mariano can you launch a doodle?

Ok. So, it is 18h at what time ? 9 or 11?  is this a pharo sprint or whatever? address ?

Best,

Mariano

On Dec 5, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ok we should pick some dates.
> mariano can you launch a doodle?
>

> Ok. So, it is 18h at what time ? 9 or 11?  is this a pharo sprint or whatever?

whatever :)

> address ?

We can either do it at the university or at my place but I have to check with my wife ;)

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Dec 5, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ok we should pick some dates.
> mariano can you launch a doodle?
>

> Ok. So, it is 18h at what time ? 9 or 11?  is this a pharo sprint or whatever?

whatever :)

> address ?

We can either do it at the university or at my place but I have to check with my wife ;)

hahahah ok. Let me know. Because when I create the doodle schedule, the address is asked.

> Best,
>
> Mariano
>

> On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
> > I would be in for an online-video-screensharing-pairprogramming-coding-party :-)
> >
> > Lukas
> >
> > 2009/12/4  <[hidden email]>:
> >> I expect you folks make the scheduling invitation giving the time in UTC, so I can
> >> check my availability ;-)
> >>

> >> Em 04/12/2009 17:21, Mariano Martinez Peck < [hidden email] > escreveu:
> >>

> >> why not?   If skype is reachable from where we are, I have no problem :)
> >>
> >> Ahh the time ;)  Take into consideration the difference between your time and our.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Mariano
> >>

> >> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there a means of joining via Skype and/or IRC?
> >>

> >>  Em 04/12/2009 09:57, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
> >>

> >>  Hi all
> >>
> >>  I would like to organize a couple of coding parties around christmas.
> >>  The 18 of december? is one possibility (even if I can only start at 11h).
> >>  So if some of you are close to lille during holidays we could have fun coding
> >>  together.
> >>
> >>  I would like to organize a moose day too. I want to code what I have in mind
> >>  with CAnalyzer and mondrian.
> >>
> >>  Stef

> > --
> > Lukas Renggli
> > http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: christmas coding parties?

Stéphane Ducasse

> > Ok. So, it is 18h at what time ? 9 or 11?  is this a pharo sprint or whatever?
>
> whatever :)
>
> > address ?
>
> We can either do it at the university or at my place but I have to check with my wife ;)
>

> hahahah ok. Let me know. Because when I create the doodle schedule, the address is asked.

what address?
write Lille :)

Re: christmas coding parties?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ok, here is the invitation: http://www.doodle.com/mn4e6anmskwpd5s7

If someone wants the admin link, let me know in a private email.

Cheers,

Mariano