class name at line end with following fullstop

class name at line end with following fullstop

Max Leske
Hullo

In the Filesystem chapter for PBE2, one line ends with "\ct{FSReference}.". When typeset, "FSReference" is the last word on the line and the fullstop appears on the next line. I've had a look in the other files and this only seems to be a problem at line ends.
Is there already some kind of policy on how to handle this problem?

Cheers,
Max

Re: class name at line end with following fullstop

Oscar Nierstrasz

The easy fix is to use the \lct macro instead of \ct.

An alternative is to put an \mbox around the word and the full stop.

LaTeX -- love it or hate it.

- on

On Aug 26, 2011, at 8:32 AM, Max Leske wrote:

> Hullo
>
> In the Filesystem chapter for PBE2, one line ends with "\ct{FSReference}.". When typeset, "FSReference" is the last word on the line and the fullstop appears on the next line. I've had a look in the other files and this only seems to be a problem at line ends.
> Is there already some kind of policy on how to handle this problem?
>
> Cheers,
> Max

Re: class name at line end with following fullstop

Max Leske
Thanks.

I used \lct. Now the class name has a hyphen in it but that's still a lot better.

2 parts love, 1 part hate for LaTeX :)

On 26.08.2011, at 10:07, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:

> The easy fix is to use the \lct macro instead of \ct.
>
> An alternative is to put an \mbox around the word and the full stop.
>
> LaTeX -- love it or hate it.
>
> - on
>
> On Aug 26, 2011, at 8:32 AM, Max Leske wrote:
>
>> Hullo
>>
>> In the Filesystem chapter for PBE2, one line ends with "\ct{FSReference}.". When typeset, "FSReference" is the last word on the line and the fullstop appears on the next line. I've had a look in the other files and this only seems to be a problem at line ends.
>> Is there already some kind of policy on how to handle this problem?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Max

Re: class name at line end with following fullstop

Prof. Andrew P. Black
Sometimes the \mbox may force it all to fit on one line.  If not, a slight re-wording earlier in the paragraph may allow it all to fit on the line.

        Andrew

On 26 Aug 2011, at 02:05 , Max Leske wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I used \lct. Now the class name has a hyphen in it but that's still a lot better.
>
> 2 parts love, 1 part hate for LaTeX :)
>

> On 26.08.2011, at 10:07, Oscar Nierstrasz wrote:
>

>> The easy fix is to use the \lct macro instead of \ct.
>>
>> An alternative is to put an \mbox around the word and the full stop.
>>
>> LaTeX -- love it or hate it.
>>
>> - on
>>
>> On Aug 26, 2011, at 8:32 AM, Max Leske wrote:
>>
>>> Hullo
>>>
>>> In the Filesystem chapter for PBE2, one line ends with "\ct{FSReference}.". When typeset, "FSReference" is the last word on the line and the fullstop appears on the next line. I've had a look in the other files and this only seems to be a problem at line ends.
>>> Is there already some kind of policy on how to handle this problem?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Max

Re: class name at line end with following fullstop

Max Leske
The chapter is still far from being completed. That's why I don't care for the hypen right now. Once the chapter is near completion I'll do another pass and correct things like that hyphen. Otherwise it's just a Sisyphean struggle.

Thanks for the hint anyway.

Max