closure fixes nearly released

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

I created an image based on the script of mike (after running his
script the packages are clean and the image is working
normally). But before pushing that in the stream I would like to make
sure that everything in under control.

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/23650/PharoCore-1.0-10456-BETA-closurefixes.zip

it would be great if you could have a look. You can see the difference
between the test before
and the tests after.

Eliot apparently the decompiler generates the same code but with
different name (number)
so many tests are failing because of that.

Eliot could you have a look to see if the broken tests looks
suspicious to you or not?

Thanks in advance.

Re: closure fixes nearly released

Michael Roberts-2
looks good to me... but then i would say that!

The method properties tests are now wrong, because they perform their
assertions on the AdditionalMethodState without knowing it. We could
either look to rewrite the tests to provide some test coverage for the
new class, or just delete them.  I haven't looked at the highlighting
tests in depth but i know there is more work required there. it's
quite tricky, not for 1.0. I think the ability to recompile the system
and run the 7000 odd tests should give us some confidence.  Obviously
some wider review would be good.

cheers,
Mike

Re: closure fixes nearly released

Stéphane Ducasse
yes!
I could push that into the stream today but I was waiting for feedback

stef

> looks good to me... but then i would say that!
>
> The method properties tests are now wrong, because they perform their
> assertions on the AdditionalMethodState without knowing it. We could
> either look to rewrite the tests to provide some test coverage for the
> new class, or just delete them.  I haven't looked at the highlighting
> tests in depth but i know there is more work required there. it's
> quite tricky, not for 1.0. I think the ability to recompile the system
> and run the 7000 odd tests should give us some confidence.  Obviously
> some wider review would be good.
>
> cheers,
> Mike

Re: closure fixes nearly released

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> it would be great if you could have a look.

I've build a pharo-web on top of it (not published). It's working
perfectly as far as I can see.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: closure fixes nearly released

Lukas Renggli
I've built two images based on the closure fixes. One with Seaside 3.0
and one with Seaside 2.8, Magritte and Pier. In both cases all tests
pass and everything seems to work nicely.

Cheers,
Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: closure fixes nearly released

Stéphane Ducasse
Great I will integrate these changes this afternoon.

stef
On Sep 25, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I've built two images based on the closure fixes. One with Seaside 3.0
> and one with Seaside 2.8, Magritte and Pier. In both cases all tests
> pass and everything seems to work nicely.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> 2009/9/25 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> it would be great if you could have a look.
>>
>> I've build a pharo-web on top of it (not published). It's working
>> perfectly as far as I can see.
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: closure fixes nearly released