cmdDotEnabled

Alain Plantec-4
the same as for allowUnderscoreAssignment,
cmd-dot is always functional whatever allowUnderscoreAssignment
preference value.
do we keep  the preference ?
Alain

Re: cmdDotEnabled

Marcus Denker-3

On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> the same as for allowUnderscoreAssignment,
> cmd-dot is always functional whatever allowUnderscoreAssignment
> preference value.
> do we keep  the preference ?

Disabeling cmd-dot seems useful for end-user apps (e.g. Kiosk apps).
So maybe we want to keep it.

        Marcus

Re: cmdDotEnabled

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes let us keep it for now.
Even if I would love to ressurect a good keybinbing package in the future.

Stef
On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:
>
>> the same as for allowUnderscoreAssignment,
>> cmd-dot is always functional whatever allowUnderscoreAssignment
>> preference value.
>> do we keep  the preference ?
>

> Disabeling cmd-dot seems useful for end-user apps (e.g. Kiosk apps).
> So maybe we want to keep it.
>
> Marcus

Re: cmdDotEnabled

Mariano Martinez Peck
I think you didn't understand Alain (or maybe I didn't understand) . The preference exist but no matter if it is enable or not, the behaviour is the same. If this is true, I see two options:

1) Fix it
2) remove the preference

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes let us keep it for now.
Even if I would love to ressurect a good keybinbing package in the future.

Stef
On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:
>
>> the same as for allowUnderscoreAssignment,
>> cmd-dot is always functional whatever allowUnderscoreAssignment
>> preference value.
>> do we keep  the preference ?
>

> Disabeling cmd-dot seems useful for end-user apps (e.g. Kiosk apps).
> So maybe we want to keep it.
>
>       Marcus

Re: cmdDotEnabled

Stéphane Ducasse
Fix it and keep it was the message

Stef

On Dec 4, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I think you didn't understand Alain (or maybe I didn't understand) . The preference exist but no matter if it is enable or not, the behaviour is the same. If this is true, I see two options:
>
> 1) Fix it
> 2) remove the preference
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes let us keep it for now.
> Even if I would love to ressurect a good keybinbing package in the future.
>
> Stef
> On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

> > On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:
> >
> >> the same as for allowUnderscoreAssignment,
> >> cmd-dot is always functional whatever allowUnderscoreAssignment
> >> preference value.
> >> do we keep  the preference ?
> >

> > Disabeling cmd-dot seems useful for end-user apps (e.g. Kiosk apps).
> > So maybe we want to keep it.
> >
> >       Marcus

Re: cmdDotEnabled

Alain Plantec-4
Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :
> I think you didn't understand Alain (or maybe I didn't understand) .
> The preference exist but no matter if it is enable or not, the
> behaviour is the same. If this is true, I see two options:
>
> 1) Fix it
> 2) remove the preference
yes, this what the questions.
but finally, the answers are given, we keep the preference and  I open
an issue.
Alain