code in a database

Chris Muller-4
There has been some discussion about code repositories, so it seems
appropriate to mention separately, that the recent upgrades to
Monticello once again allow Avi's and Colin's original intent; that
Monticello be able to be backed by a database and not just a
filesystem.

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5603

Re: code in a database

Casey Ransberger-2
Now you're talkin! I've been meaning to ask you: do you think there would be advantages to doing the Magma+Monticello thing with Trunk? I read on the wiki that it could be done, but don't know what the pros/cons are, and I'm curious.

On Apr 8, 2011, at 3:34 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There has been some discussion about code repositories, so it seems
> appropriate to mention separately, that the recent upgrades to
> Monticello once again allow Avi's and Colin's original intent; that
> Monticello be able to be backed by a database and not just a
> filesystem.
>
>  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5603

Re: code in a database

Casey Ransberger-2
D'oh! Discard last email, I had hyperlink blindness.